Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I have a 29 2dr coach that needs attention and am looking for a recommendation of a shop in north eastern NY or northern new england. Years back when my grandfather replaced the B pillar he cut the sheet metal over the doors and then installed the pillar and put the car back together. Over the last 15 yrs or so this cut has cracked open and I would like to have it repaired properly which would include dropping the headliner out and probably mig or tig welding or brazing this crack shut. As most of you know these cars are wooden skeletons and the roof is most likely wood and horsehair or another combustible material similair to the original material. Can anyone recommend such a shop in my area?

Don't let a day go by that you don't attempt to learn something new.
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
I know they are not close to you but you might contact White Post Restorations in Virginia. They might know of someone in your area.

Whichever shop you choose expect to wait quite a while to get the work done. The good shops are booked out quite a bit these days. Also, transporting the car to and from any shop will probably be your smallest cost.

Rusty

VCCA #44680
ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
You might contact "Chistech"on Chat as he has done this type of repair. If he is not available to do it he might be able to recommend someone. it sounds like a fairly simple repair however opening up hidden areas often seems to have its surprises.

Last edited by m006840; 10/12/21 01:40 PM.

Steve D
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thank you both for your replies. I'll try both avenues.

Don't let a day go by that you don't attempt to learn something new.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.