Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
I understand there were two style of windshield brackets used on 29 roadsters. I assume the cast one was first and the stamped one was second is that correct or is it reversed? Going to look at a '29 roadster basket case tomorrow. There no '29, or even '30 open cars in the Portland/Vancouver to compare. The closest ones I know about are Idaho, and or Sacramento.

Thanks Art

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Art,
You are correct. The early windshield mount lower ends were cast and the arms had three depression/ridges to match. Those were used on the riveted firewall. I have those parts in my storage building which is 120 miles inland from my home. Don't get there too often.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
CHC Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi Art,
I am restoring an early 29 roadster with the cast posts. Do you need any pictures?

Chuck

ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
Thank you both for replying. He actually had both an early cast type on the cowl and a spare stamped one in better shape. I am sure I will have more questions later. The rear quarters are pretty rough but the rest of it is savable. He said someone had made it into a truck probably for gas rationing in WW2. It had a single side mount spare tire on the drivers side just like the one you bought Chuck.

Art

CHC Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi Art, if you have any sourcing questions for floor pans, wood etc., please let me know and I can help out with contacts.

Chuck

ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
I appreciate that Chuck, I initially went over to see him to sell him my frame. I bought it because I wanted the 29 rear end. The frame I have still had a little black paint on it when I brought it home. It had been a woods service truck in Elgin OR. A drier climate than Western WA. He told me his had been hit on the passenger side and was pretty rusty. That's when he said he was thinking of down sizing and letting some things go. I really didn't think I needed another project. It is pretty rough, with no wood. But the '29s are kinda rare so we will see. The door metal is in great shape, and the cowl is not bad. Quarters are rough but he has some from a different 29 marque as patch panels Buick, or Pontiac?. Between the parts I have inadvertantly collected over the years and what he has I have a shot of putting one together some year.

Art

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.