Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#454616 02/22/21 01:11 AM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey

Newby here. I have a special order 1932 Sedan Delivery. From tag. Job No. 32570 Body No. 174 Trim No. 21. This was a special order for the US Forest service one of 17 built I was told . What makes it unique is where a Sedan Delivery normally has a solid panel behind the front doors this has a full sized glass on both sides that rolls up and down in place of the solid panels. The other thing it has , which I don't know is a special order or not is it has wells for spare tires on both sides.
I am hoping to find out if some of the parts interchange between some of the other 1932 cars, such as Rear and front fenders and running boards,and which models those might be. Also looking for patch panel parts for bottom of cowl, bottom of body, and rear corners at bottom? Spare tire well? Sources for any of these?
Was also told that they have some unique lantern like lights that mount on each side at rear. Any source for these,or at least a photo of them?
Would appreciate any photos of 1932 Sedan Deliveries or a place to look on line at them?

Thanks,

Byron Miller

Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Byron
Welcome to chatter.
By your posting you have a interesting if not rare vehicle with the wind down rear side windows but then I will not pretend to be any sort of authority on 1932 models, there are several others much more knowledgeable and will most likely add their comments.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
There were two Sedan Deliveries in 1932. The 1931 body (31570) was carried over into 1932 production until the new 1932 (32570) body was ready for production. The later body was a passenger type body on a passenger frame with 1/2 ton mechanicals. The body was built by Fisher Body Co. just like the other "closed" cars.

The interchange with other 1932 cars is a "mixed bag". Basically the chassis sheet metal (fenders, aprons, running boards) is the same as passenger cars. There were Deluxe versions of 1/2 ton trucks and Sedan Deliveries that substituted passenger parts for those on the basic models. Since yours was a special order it is likely that some substitution from typical production was originally ordered.

I suspect the passenger cowl patch panels will fit. It is possible that the Coach lower patch panels would fit but since the body is a little longer than the Coach might not fit completely.

Be aware that the 1933 Sedan Delivery appears to be the same as the later 1932 but there are differences. There were far more 1933s produced than 1932.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Hello Tinbender, we have a house out on the LB Peninsula West of Rosburg. There is a standard 32 sedan delivery being restored within about 3 hours of you. If you are interested in contacting him send me a pm. I will ask if I can give out his info. He will probably say okay. With the influence of the Beach Barons out there I have to ask - are you hot rodding this? Art

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hello tinbender, i found a lot of parts for my 33 pickup at AMERICANMUSCLECARPARTS.COM George

George M.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.