Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
1936 Chevy 2-door Sedan -

Need Center Hood Hinge that holds the two top parts together would prefer original one but may need to weld on a replacement

Any ideas where to locate?

Thanks

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Ebay, swaps, Hemmings motor news, & junk yards are the places you will need to look at to find a rare part. You may have to buy a whole hood to get that hinge.

J Franklin
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
I have just bought a new repo (had to wait while it was made) hinge for my 38 truck from Filling Station so they may have 1 to suit your 36 sedan. By the listing I will be welding it on when it arrives.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks,
I was curious if any other year or other car model would work.
Because I am still building this car, I am guessing there is something that sticks out on both ends and that slides into the body parts to hold the top hood down?

Thanks

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Yes there is. There are ends. One riveted to the front and the other bolted to the cowl. There should be two holes in the dip for bolts to pass through.

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Jim carter truck parts has an oem like hinge but it is on back order. I'm waiting for one for my 35.

Hainscou
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Originally Posted by Slantback
Thanks,
I was curious if any other year or other car model would work.
Because I am still building this car, I am guessing there is something that sticks out on both ends and that slides into the body parts to hold the top hood down?

Thanks
The 1936 car hood hinge is an only year item and won't exchange with a truck hood hinge. My first answer is what needs to be done.

Last edited by J Franklin; 10/12/20 01:19 PM.

J Franklin
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I finally found a hood hinge from Rob at Rootlieb Inc. he just happen to have a 1936 Chevy hood hinge in great condition, he also manufacturers other models but not this year. Here is a link to his website:
http://www.rootlieb.com/hood-hardware.html

If my ad is still up on Craigslist for sale, selling my car... You can see a picture of the hood hinge I found in the ads pics...

Of all the parts I had to find for this build this was the hardest.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/los-angeles-chevy-2-door-hot-rod/7212299241.html

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.