Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I am having trouble finding a replacement for the rollers on the window regulators for the rear driver's side and passenger side; anyone know a solution to this problem?; also is there a fix for replacing the sash channel that has too many rust holes to repair?

Mike krupp
Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Sash channels are not that hard to repair with POR-15, or boat grade fiberglass. Here is an old post on how I repaired mine: How to remove/install a sash onto glass

Both methods require you to paint the product. Fiberglass is much more runny so paint the sides when the surface is laying flat that you want to paint. I usually try to build up about 1/16" of whatever product I use on the INSIDE bottom of the sash. I also carefully sandblast the parts to provide a stable surface to work with. Both products will run through holes in the sash so use painters tape to seal them. I also coat ALL sides of each piece to completely encapsulate the part. I have had no problem installing the glass and cracking off the paint or fiberglass in the process.

If I have confused you post more questions.

Best Wishes, Mike

Mike 41 Chevy
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks....I located a vendor through DK Hardware for the sash channel. They have it in 48 inch lengths so I can cut off the excess as the original is 32.75 inches long. I can cut off the roller brackets and reweld but the biggest issue now is trying to find a set of replacement rollers. Any ideas???

Mike krupp
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Window roller and rivet from Chevs of the 40's

The fine print talks about dimensional issues with the rivet. For my '41 I could drill out the old rivet to fit any size new rivet.

1941-1948 Window regulator rebuild

Good luck, Mike

P.S. Remember to use our SEARCH feature for locating answers to 99% of your questions...

Mike 41 Chevy

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.