Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I'm having a radio rebuilt and got the mounting bracket (that I believe Ray manufacturers). I presume the bracket mounts on the firewall but I can't see a hole that makes any sense. Just want to be prepared with any hardware I need.
Any input?
Radio is 985695 s/n prefix C41

Attached Images
image0.jpeg image1.jpeg
Last edited by ScottCrawford; 04/03/20 03:12 PM.
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
[Linked Image from pic100.picturetrail.com]

Like this on a '46-'48. Probably close to the same for you.

Russell #38868
'48 4 door Fleetline
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000

You have the correct bracket for your radio. If all else fails, send me an email and I sill send you a picture.

chevradioman

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Whatever you do don't read the following. If you do then don't jump all over me. You've been warned so read the Uncle Ed part at your own risk.

Scott,

Unless you have a 5-band or and 8-tube then there is no bracket that attaches to the firewall. There is an adjustable brace for that, also. The 5-tube has the bracket that attaches to the left side of the radio and then to a support within its reach. It is adjusted by positioning the arm on the bolt head that sticks out of the left side of the radio.

Hope you have success in mounting whatever you have.

Best,

Charlie computer

BTW: Consensus indicates that the eight tube sounded best, the 5-band novelty, and the five tube the best looking considering them all in original condition. The thru the dash cheap version would play a few stations on a good night. If atmospheric conditions were just, why, you could even pick up WCKY and listen to Wayne Rainey and Lonnie Glossen sell some harmonicas or baby chicks (sex not guaranteed). Or sometimes one could get Del Rep, Texas. Or Louisiana Hayride. "Oh, listen to the jingle, the rumble and the roar." Mercy! Those stations were all you needed parked on a slope.out in the woods. Ask Russell or Tiny. They know. Do too!

Uncle Ed on a date in his old 37/38 equipped with inferior radio: (for demonstration purposes only. Nothing more)

Girl (unnamed): "Listen Ed, you've been a-playing that old country music for quite a spell now. Don't you think it's going to run the battery down." Besides, I've heard enough about Martha White flour." said both concerned and then factually.

Ed: "Don't worry little darlin'. I done parked on a slope. Let's get in the back", said with sincere hope and while combing his "duck tail".

Girl: "Well, okay. I forgot about the last time" thinking about Ed's knowledge about momentum and engine starting on the cheap. She continues, "You know those chirping crickets are driving me nuts and I'm not talking about Buddy Holly's band members neither."

Ed. " Who?" short pause. "Come on, let's get in the back", said in full saturating blood pressure desperation.

Girl. "No!" pause "You don't know nothing about rock-n-roll, do you?" said with growing belief.

Ed: "What?" Not paying attention and trying to put his arm around her so he could pull her closer but the gear shift is perpetually right there in the way. Oh, come on. Let's get in the back", said with some sense of seeing things going down hill faster then the car would.

Girl: "t's late. Take me home. Daddy and Momma will be waiting up for me," said in a demanding voice.

Ed, "Sure you don't want to get in the back for just a few minutes? More comfortable and I'll make sure you won't hear no stinkin' crickets either." Sounding like he's loosing hope but still whining and begging."

Girl: "Ed, you got a one track mind or what? Do you know my daddy's got 12 gauge double-barreled Parker?"

Ed. "How fast do you want me to drive?" You know that this here ain't no 1941 for goodness sakes."

Girl. Ed, I immediately knew that that this here old Chevrolet wasn't no beautiful 1941 once I saw the there gear shift lever poking up from the floorboards. You know Ed, it could have been you." Wetting her lips and whispering in a low vampy softness of voice and continuing. "You could have been somebody. You could have been a contender. (See "On the Waterfront/") Get yourself a 1941 Chevrolet Cabriolet and the respect that attends such ownership. Then you might get lucky. Well, do you feel luck tonight, Ed? (See Dirty Harry) then "Cough, cough! ED, Now that you've got it started, tell me where in blazes is all that foul smelling oily smoke coming from?"

End.

See those little cheap radios can be the catalysts for good conversation. Sometimes.

Best,

Charlie computer

BTW: Veterinarians were standing by and no harm was done to any animals living or dead.

BTW2. Anything pertaining to any Iowan we know is purely intended.

Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Thanks everyone. Once I got the radio in there, the bracket made perfect sense. Happy with the radio. Unhappy with the crappy repro buttons.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.