Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
cisgww Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Fellow Chevy enthusiasts

Short version: My niece is an ER doc now being tested for COVID-19 after being in contact with an infected patient. Her hospital and others are desperate for Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). One such item is N-95 face masks. Having used various dust masks and respirators in my Chevy projects I went on a search in my garage and shop and found 6 brand new 3M masks. They were EPA and CDC approved, but at this time my niece's hospital and now family will take anything they can get. I even have P-95 respirators with charcoal filters that would work.

Her husband is a paramedic and firefighter and they are using rain ponchos for protection. What did I have? Brand new disposable painters coveralls.

I found 2 brand new safety glasses, but unfortunately they were dark tinted.

PLEASE search your shops and garages for surplus PPE supplies. If you can't send them my way, get them to your local healthcare and safety providers.

Longer version: imagine if you can, working 120 hours straight, now waiting for test results, and not knowing if you can even touch or hug your family. And her hospital is suggesting she may have been exposed elsewhere!

Thanks
Greg Wheelock, #32607 August 1993
cisgww@aol.com

Last edited by cisgww; 03/21/20 04:03 PM.
Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 1,500
Online Content
ChatMaster - 1,500
Prayers for your niece and her family! Sorry I don't think I have anything in my shop that would help.

Ed

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.