Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#437349 01/20/20 11:50 PM
Rich47 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Would like to know if anyone has been to the swap meet in Moultrie Georgia recently in fall or winter ? I would like to go next month but am on a tight time scale and would like to know if a person can realistically cover the swap meet in one day or do you need two full days or?? And is there more 60's and 70's stuff there or is it more older stuff from the 40's and 50's. Never been in the area and sure would rather have an idea what I am up against when time is a factor. Thanks for any info.

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
Unless it's changed in recent years you can cover it in a few short hours.

Jon T.
Rich47 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
It must be fairly small then, I was hoping it was in comparison to Carlisle , Pa or similar in size. Not sure of I wouild want to drive from Atlanta to there as I will be in that area at the time.

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
The size of the swap meet is not a sure predictor it will have the part(s) needed. While it makes one feel more confident, it is the parts brought for sale that is the key. However, often the wanted part was left at home. So always try to ask any vendors if they might have the part at home. Carrying several photos of the wanted parts that can be handed out and have contact information quite often will "score" the needed gems. Also at the smaller meets there is plenty of time to talk to the vendors, search every box and find a part that even the vendor didn't remember having for sale.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Although sorta small, Brad runs a pretty well organized event. Been twice and not disappointed. Get on Brads email list and he will send you an email each month including weather updates.

1937 Chevy 1/2 ton Pickup
1950 Chevy Styleline Deluxe Coupe
1953 Chevy 1/2 ton Panel Delivery

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hubcap than ride in a Ferd.
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
As mentioned earlier, take photos. Photos are your friend! Many parts are similar enough that you will purchase many unneeded parts without a photo to compare what you see with what you need.Please, don't ask me how I know.

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
It takes me about a day and one half to walk it and shop the vender area Add a couple of hours for the cars for sell area . Been going for years and have vended there a good many of those . Stopped selling when I had more stolen than bought . but still enjoy going . I have a double purpose . I buy tools for the company . Have bought many useful tools we use for cheap . The November event provides Christmas gifts too .

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Hate to hear that someone would have more stolen than bought. I have always been under the impression that car nuts were usually some of the most respectable people around. Many times I have gone away from my junk car parts that I had for sale so I could look for parts I needed, Usually with the thought that if someone stole anything it would mean less junk to haul home. Unfortunately never lost anything.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.