Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
VCCA Member Services
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
VCCA Member Services
Backyard Mechanic
THE LOST CORVETTE SPECIAL
COMING TO THE HISTORY CHANNEL!
Airs on the history channel on
Monday, July 8th at 10pm

It’s the car that never was. A vehicle that broke new ground in design and technology year after year suddenly vanished, on it’s 30th anniversary no less.

In 1983, for the first time since the brand’s inception in 1953, Chevrolet did not release a Corvette model for that year. Designs were drawn, parts ordered but no car was ever released.

In this HISTORY special, die-hard Corvette expert and VCCA member Chris Mazzilli will try to fix this missing piece of muscle car history as he and his team build a one-of-a-kind 1983 Corvette from the ground up. The creation will be presented to a panel of experts, including the Corvette designers who pulled the plug on releasing the ’83 originally, to see if it’s worthy.

The Lost Corvette airs on the history channel on Monday, July 8th at 10pm

TEASER: https://vimeo.com/332238239

VCCA Member Services Manager
http://vcca.org
memberservices@vcca.org
708-455-8222
Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
I would just like to add to this. Chris called me a few years ago show when this was in the works and asked me if I had a VCCA Banner he could put on the wall in the background of the shop to help promote our club when they begin filming.The only thing he wanted for doing this was for people to tune into the show.

So by tuning in it helps the shows ratings and in turn our club will get some free national TV publicity. If the ratings are good, he said they want to film 10 more episodes of his shop as they restore artist Peter Maxx's Corvette Collection, giving the VCCA more publicity

John Mahoney

Last edited by John 348/340HP; 07/03/19 12:04 AM.

John

1954 Belair Sport Coupe
1960 2 door Impala Hardtop 348/340HP 4spd
1962 2 door Impala Hardtop 409/409 4spd
1962 2 Door Biscayne Sedan 327/250 Auto
1977 Monza Mirage 305 4 Speed
1988 Celebrity Wagon
2018 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Diesel
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Show was a big disappointment,exactly like most "car shows" on today. Would have been better to have the "Count" do the car. To many false crisis' like we are running out of time,or I have to do the other side now.Really a huge shop (business) doesn't have a lift? Guy on the ground struggling with the exhaust?
Car was nothing special when it was done,just a bunch of parts and styling cues from other year Vettes. What about the VIN number off of the donor car? Is it now registered as an '83?
Would have liked to see more of the history and found out more of the one remaining '83.
Corvaired VCCA#47508 Dade City,Fl

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.