Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Jonda1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
When I bought my 33 Master it had VCCA Junior and Senior Award Ovals on the front license plate. I bought the car from a classic car dealer in Laguna Beach. I don't know the history of the car because it was sold on consignment and the dealer wouldn't tell me who he was selling it for. It's a beautiful car although I'm sure its a very old restoration.
I've been driving around town with the award oval still on the license plate. I am wondering if I am violating some written or unwritten rule by doing this since I didn't restore the car and the car was owned by someone else when the awards were won.
If I am I will certainly remove the ovals.

Dennis

Attached Images
Award Ovals (Medium).jpg
Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
There is no problem in haveing the ovals, etc, except if you have the car judged. Then, as a new owner, you can start all over again and be in the Jr. class.

Gene Schneider
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I would proudly leave them on,,,,,,,,,
or just forward them to me for my display case

Jonda1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Thanks Gene and 36RAGTOP....I will leave them on. And if the car is ever judged they will come off for the meet.

Dennis

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.