Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
In another thread I reported on the overall height of a couple of sets of rocker arm supports that I have. The ones that I need are '32-specific part number (and casting number) 836813. Does anyone here have exact measurements of total height of 836813 and exact measurements from the base to the centerline of the rocker shaft?

If I can't find any of these supports, I figure I can either mill material off the base of some that I have, or add shims to get to the proper base-to-centerline number.

I guess the most important number in all of this is the correct base-to-centerline measurement.

Of course,if anyone has some correct '32 supports and correct rocker arms that they would sell, I'd be interested in them also.

Thanks. Tom

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Tom, Mine is an original 32…When I return, I will try and get a measurement for you.

Mac

ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
I measured ones that came off a spare 32 engine and the stand measures 2.335 . I could not read the casting number but from your previous post they most likely are the same as the ones you have measuring 2.34. They are loose so getting a shaft center is a guess at best but appears to be 1.75. When I hear back from the local member that has more of my stands and arms I will let you know what may be available if you are still looking .

Steve D

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.