Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Billu38 Offline OP
Oil Can Mechanic
OP Offline
Oil Can Mechanic
Why not remove these items from Forum as soon as they are sold or received as wanted? Would save time wading through ads and then at end come to find out they are sold or no longer needed...Billu38

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Actually I did that a few years ago (maybe 10?).

What happened was a guy saw something for sale, and then came back a week later looking for it again. But it had sold and I deleted it. So this guy tore his hair out trying to find it. He just KNEW that it was somewhere on THIS FORUM that he'd seen it.

He finally emailed me. Then I had to wrack MY brain until I remembered that I had deleted it since the owner notified me that it was sold. Once deleted I had no way to find it again.

So --- all together, maybe a half-an-hour lost by me.

That's when I decided to leave ads online and ask owners to just add SOLD to them.

In addition I have tried to go in every 6 months and remove ALL ads older than that. I certainly understand your frustration and I wish that I could find a different way to mark this as INACTIVE.

I will run the 6 month aging code and remove the older ones --- those that have sold and those that did NOT sell. Maybe that will help a little bit.

Also if you want the MOST CURRENT listings, I built and advertised this page a long time ago. I know that some guys are still using it.

http://vcca.org/forsaleparts.php

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
I just deleted 410 postings in PARTS FOR SALE that were posted before June this year. This included those sold as well as ones NOT sold.

If you had one that didn't sell, you might want to create a new posting for it now.

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.