Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
OK guys,
I got my new harness several weeks ago. Because I did not have a harness rather a mass of I don't know what, I wondering if anyone can help me out placing it? I got the harness YnZ's. It's nicely done and some is straight forward. I'm just not sure how the main section runs. Rear lights and fuel no issue. Front lights, horns, and fog lights I think i got passing the harness up to the dash I'm not clear how it get there the correct way. Any pictures or direction is most appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
So Steve,the instructions you received with your harness does not address those connections?When in doubt the wiring diagram in your shop manual will guide you.The wire colors of the harness should match it...?...

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
When it comes right down to it, all you need to figure out is 3 bunches of the harness which more or less divide at area around clutch pedal (leave enough slack here so harness does not impede pedal movement): what goes rearward(tail/stop and fuel gauge), what goes forward (headlights including wires to dimmer switch, horn wires incl wire to go up steering column and generator) and the rest goes up to the dash via a purpose made curl in the upper toeboard steel panel. The rear group clip to underside of driverside sill, the forward parts clip to a couple of spots inside Dr sideframe secured to top flange, and the wires headed for dash are clipped to some of the screws holding the matting to the cowl. Biggest challenge is getting all the many connections correct in the dash instrument panel. Some of the shorter pieces go gauge to gauge, or gauge back out to engine distributor etc. Hopefully all wires are specifically marked for where they go with numbers and codes.

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thank you Bill I do not see a picture like that in my book. It's just schematic drawing. Gun Smoke, your correct as there are three groupings. I just never had anything to reference from the start because my existing harness was so bastardized from others. There wasn't a clear path on any of it. I see now that you've mentioned it how the dash section can pass through floor board.

The harness is well marked and numbered. I just wanted to make sure the groupings follow the correct paths inside car.

As usual guys thank you for the help.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.