Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#321825 10/19/14 06:41 PM
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Finally got my NOS Casco never been mounted I had to put together, Ok I'll stop now guess you get the pix.
[Linked Image from i1168.photobucket.com]
I still have to work out the middle stainless divider, I was hesitate about drilling holes in roof but went on ahead and did it anyway Buy I'll tell you one thing it's not going to get blown off it's a lot stronger mount than clipping on the windshield divider. I've always wanted one of these thanks again Bill...

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Looks cool,does it have a good roof gasket ,are you painting it?

Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Yea chef it has good rubber gaskets, The color of the visor is Oxford Maroon that's actually the original color of my car, But yea I prolly will paint it flat black in the spring, I'm gonna spray some satin clear on the car and do the visor the same way.. car looks a whole lot better when it has a wet look... who knows I may change my mind when spring rolls around the car would be awesome that color with all the stainless trim..

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
You are so welcome. I am delighted that it went to a good home. Contrary to some other opinions, I think it looks great on your car.

Bill

1950 Plymouth Club Coupe

Life is great. I have been blessed with a wife that loves old cars as much as I do.
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Odd I've never heard of a Casco...The side mounts look a bit like my Peckit...Sorry you had to drill holes for the center mount...I would leave the under side that pale green...Original!

1947 Fleetmaster Sport Coupe VCCA # 47475

If it's not wearing a Bowtie...It's not properly dressed...!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.