Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Oil Can Mechanic
OP Offline
Oil Can Mechanic
Im installing the Lighted Vanity Mirror on the passenger side visor. Where do you run the wires, and where do you connect them too? :confused: :confused: mad mad

Fleet47

"Heaven is Driving my 47"
With that "GOOD GULF" gasoline.
http://www.gulfhistory.org/?
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
These are the instructions for the 1939 mirror.They are probably the same for 1947-

TO INSTALL-mount mirror on sun visor close to support arm.Attach terminal ends of eletric wire to a loop at the end of a length of ordinary thin wire.Insert end of thin wire thru upholstrey cloth at a point 2 inches from the support end at the visor torard the mirror and 1 1/2" inches up.Thread this wire down thru the side pillar and pull the eletric wire thru to the back of the instrument panel.Carry wire under instrument panel and connect red end to tail light terminal on light switch.Connect black end to ground.

Are you still working in Butler?

Gene Schneider
Oil Can Mechanic
OP Offline
Oil Can Mechanic
Thanks Gene!!! laugh laugh laugh

I thought it was something like that! Trying to get this car ready for my wedding on the 21st of this month! Were ready to spray the Primer coats this week. God, how Im sick of sanding. It runs like a top!! Drives real good also! Cant begin to tell ya how great that FIRST drive was. 19yrs I have waited for this.

Im managing the Midas on 124th & Capital now. Technically in Brookfield, not Butler. You should stop in sometime if ya have the time...

Fleet47

"Heaven is Driving my 47"
With that "GOOD GULF" gasoline.
http://www.gulfhistory.org/?

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.