----- Original Message -----
To: support@vccachat.org
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 7:10 PM
Subject: Chevrolet Sales Manager chest and materials

Dear Sirs,

Today at an vintage auto parts auction I purchased a 1948 Chevrolet Sales Manager's kit. This kit contains two films, in canisters about 8" in diameter, 13 vinyl 33 1/3 records. Some are 12" diameter and some are 16" diameter. Also are 13 flip charts that go along with the records. All of these materials are in a wood chest, about 18 by 24 by 18 inches high. There is the Chevrolet bowtie logo on the top of the chest. The chest shows wear from the years, the film canisters are excellent but the film looks poor. I don't know if it can be saved or not. The records are mint, looking like they have never been played. The books and manuals are in outstanding condidition.

I purchased the lot to keep it from becoming separated so the kit remains intact. I would like to discuss with a knowledgible person what interest there might be in this material and would like to know if there is a Chevrolet museum. I believe these are museum pieces. I can supply digital pictures to interested parties.

Regards,

Paul Hobbs
GALAXIEDRIVER@aol.com
1962 Galaxie 500 XL Sunliner
"Welcome to the lap of luxury"
-------------------
Posted here as a courtesy. Please send email directly to this person. He doesn't read the Chatter site.

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)