Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Snipe Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Looking for a complete Windshield Regulator for

3oUniversal Sedan

Les
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Contact Gary Wallace: http://www.20schevyparts.com/

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
It's rather a coincidence: I logged on with the intention of starting a new thread expressing appreciation for Gary Wallace. This thread is a perfect lead-in. I needed a small carburetor part and dealt with him a couple weeks ago. He was altogether pleasant, helpful and personable. Today I ordered another part and he proved just as helpful and kind as before. A merchant like that is becoming a rarity nowadays.

Best Regards,

Tom

Last edited by july1231863; 05/22/14 10:14 PM.
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
I totally agree! Gary Wallace is definitely one of the best vendors around and he is fun to deal with!

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Back to the regulator issue, Does anyone make any parts for the regulator system? All of the reproduction company sites and vendors sites that I have looked at, I have not found any reference to any parts for the regulator system other than the decal for the dash. Is this just that everyone ignores the issue of nonworking regulators or they all still work and I'm the only one that has one that needs repair parts that are non-existent.

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Paul, You're not the only one, my regulator doesn't work. Gary Wallace does list repair parts, 200 to 400 bucks. I haven't been able to get the window header off yet (or even the handle) although a have a replacement riser in one of these boxes. Got it on eBay awhile ago. This is on the bottom of my to-do list. Starting the car again is number one!

Jim

Jim Barnhart
Temple City, California

Link to Jim's Chevy
1929 Sedan
1969 Corvette Coupe
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
The Filling Station (www.fillingstation.com) carries a repair kit for the 1929-30 winshield regulator. Part number FS-205.
On my '30 coupe, I replaced the internal parts with a complete assembly from a 1928. It required some minor modification to the header board to accept the assembly, but this cannot be seen from the outside. The windshield cranks up and down nicely, and sure is nice to have on hot days.

Happy Motoring,

Dan R

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Dan, Did miss that while I was looking at the catalog, and see the Kit for the'31, will have to remove mine and see what is broken. Thanks for pointing that out, must of been a Senior moment.

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Contact Gary Wallace: http://www.20schevyparts.com/

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.