Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ab_buff Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Id like to put a rear view mirror on my 33 coach. I'm not as flexible as I used to be and it would sure come in handy for safety reasons. I have a 3" peep style mirror but in order for it to work with my wing windows you would have to put it near the middle of the door, just doesn't look right. If you have a LH mirror mounted on your 33-35 and like it, what did you use? Any photos?
Thanks

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
My 3" peep mirror sits right behind the vent window so it opens without hitting the mirror.

Farther forward over the vent window or farther back in middle of door would be the wrong place, visually and for seeing properly.

I wish they made 5" peep mirrors because the n3" is really small.

mike laugh

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Why in the world were side mirrors not a stock item?I would love to add a right peep mirror to my 48 but there is not one made that looks like my original GM left peep mirror...I'm sure some day I will hit something

ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
The Buick supplier-Bobs Automobilia?- has outside rear view mirrors that attach to the door hinge. Unfortunately the size is not the same as the Chevy but I like the concept and had thought about custom building the bracket. I have a 32 and on a two lane road the inside mirror helps somewhat, but an outer one (or two) in todays traffic is required as far as I am concerned.

Steve D
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Originally Posted by chef-chevy
Why in the world were side mirrors not a stock item?I would love to add a right peep mirror to my 48 but there is not one made that looks like my original GM left peep mirror...I'm sure some day I will hit something

I had a 3" peep matching mirror on the passenger side and I found it useless. You have to swivel your head and look because that small mirror doesn't cover a car in your blind spot very well.

Its easier to set your inside rear view mirror so your picking up that area to the right rear in the corner of the rear view mirror. Then swivel your head to double check whats to the right of you.

mike lynch
parking

ab_buff Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I set the peep mirror on the door just back of the vent window, it looks good there but it changes the look I want. I think its makes it look a little more sporty or modern in that position. I'm trying to maintain the 33 look. I was looking through some of the photos on this site and I like whats on Pat S car Pat S car photo and Chevcop Chevcop photo Can either of you tell me where you bought them and possibly a part number? There are a lot of them out there and I want to get one very close to one of these.

I guess what I really be nice is a mirror that looks close to Pat S or Chevcop but is mounted in such a way that it doesn't mess up the paint... Maybe a hing mount? Once you clamp it on you are stuck with something in that spot. I just want to make sure I'm happy with it.

Last edited by ab_buff; 06/01/14 12:24 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.