Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#30689 05/30/02 07:54 AM
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
My anniversy is today 39 years and I was just thinking back when we had no sense I had a 54 ford 3 speed v8 WENT ANKENY TO SEE MY GIRL NOW WIFE GOT TO DRAGGING A 50 CHEVY 2 DR WITH A 54 ENGINE IN IT AND GOT WHIPPED 3 TIMES BEFORE i GAVE UP i CAN REMEMBER THE SPLITT MANIFOLD DUALS ABOUT BREAKING MY EARS AS IT WOULD GO BY..iF WE ONLY HAD ALL THE CARS WE TRASHED BACK THEN.FIRST CAR I OWNED WAS A 51 CHEVY HT PG JUST LIKE NEW AND I HATED IT BECAUSE IT WOULD ONLY RUN ABOUT 85MPH AND ALL THE FORDS WOULD RUN A 100MPH SO I WAS LAST MOST OF THE TIME BUT MY DAD SAID A FORD WAS TO FAST...DOC

doc
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Doc, one of the nice things about being a senior citz is that we are still alive in spite of what we did "back when" I had a 52 HT and it had the same problem until my bubba changed the PG to a three speed, and the PG rear end acted like an overdrive, the old babbit rod 235 would stay up with any flathead, then when we saw a 1946 chevy coupe at the NHRA dragstrip whipping up on all the model "A's" and 32 and 40 Fords with V/8's with two two barrels carbs and found out about 261 truck engines,split manifolds and dual onebarrels,and Crane cams, I had to have one, and ZZZOOOOMMM! went the Chevy! yipp

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.