Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hey guys, - great site with heaps of info !

I am wondering if anyone has info on how to decode the HOLDEN identification plate on the 48 Stylemaster utility (canadian chassis and front end bodied by Holden Austrailia.

My trim was 121
Paint is # 3

Really seeking correct paint colour as ute was bought in primer with no"tells" of what it might have been in the past. - bloke I bought it off bought it as he sold it (after keeping it for 3 years in his shed) so no history …..

4 x 48 Stylemaster coupe utility (Australian built) ranging from project stage to rolling rust.
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I used to own a 48 Stylemaster and will keep this in mind. I don't know for sure but #3 is not a valid paint code. Most utes were beige or cream though there were black, dark grey and light green. Has the previous owner managed to get rid of every trace of original paint? 121 as a trim is most probably brown leather facing on seat and vyanide on sides/ back and door trims. Ultimately you have to do some of your own research and find something that suits you. Of course they also used the same colours on early Holdens so if you go to GM Day you can have a look and see what others have. Ultimately even if you do track down the original colours you won't be able to get the correct trim, just something similar. Likewise with the paint. Even if you find the formula it will be cellulose nitrate which you can't get. As I said I will keep this in mind. My 48 was pale green with a tan interior and it looked great though I had to sell it; too many cars.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.