Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
PerryS Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I have a 31 Cabriolet that is almost fully restored. Have a question concerning what part(s) go between the slanted windshield frame and the side window. There is a gap that existed when I bought the car, and former owner didn'T know what goes there. The inside ( both left and right) sides of the windshield frame have screw holes that show something was attaché to fill in the space between the windshield and the side window. I am guessing some sort of weatherstrip and hardware. If you can tell me what I need to buy, who has it and if you have photos of the area that would be helpful. The top of the windshield frame is closer to the side window than the bottom of the windshield frame (it tilts inward).

Thank you

Perry Seaton

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
The same T shaped weather strip goes on the front windshield post, around the rest of the window. The original had a metal insert. My understanding is the repop is just the rubber. Think Steele makes it and Filling Station and others sell it in addition to Steele.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
PerryS Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Chipper:

Thanks for the information. I am on the right path now. I received some pictures showing the install of the weatherstrip on a 31 Cab. Car is almost done.

Have a Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy 2014.

Perry A. Seaton

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.