Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hello to all,
I am looking to find a organization to judge my 1957 2 door hard top Bel Air.This car was purchased new by my father in Los Angeles when was 24 years old and a mechanic at Courtesy Chevrolet in Los Angeles. He rebuilt the motor and transmission before he passed away.I then continued on to finish the restoration/preservation. I am very proud to have such an awesome legacy piece of my father. I am anxious to see how close I came to the original build. I restored it with reference to the Assembly Manual and CCI Judging Manual. What does the VCCA use to judge?Is the VCCA for me? Thanks for your help and time. Jim

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
Welcome! I sent you a message, click on the flashing red envelope by the My Stuff arrow.

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
[quote=Dave39MD]Welcome! I sent you a message, click on the flashing red envelope by the My Stuff arrow. [/quote]
got it thanks !! sent you reply. Jim

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Be sure to check out this page.

http://vcca.org/judging.htm

--Bill Barker

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Does the VCCA use CCI 1000 point judging guidelines or their own? Jim

EGW Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
The VCCA has their own 1000 point system and guidelines. Board Member Jim Gebhardt, Director for Area 9, has had several 55,56,57's judged at our Meets. Maybe you should email him and ask his opinion on what we have to offer you.

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
The VCCA is primarily a group of original or original restored leaning people. The judging is based on: as manufactured with dealer installed Chevrolet approved accessories. If that is your preference then the VCCA should be the club for you. If you lean toward modified or customized Chevys or only tri-5 then Classic Chevy might offer more appeal.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I joined the VCCA today !! My next hurddle is to find a judging event in southern california. Jim

EGW Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
If you go to the VCCA homepage and click upcoming events, you will see all the Meets planned in the USA. Now that you are a member, you will receive our monthly magazine and that also listed all upcoming events.

Welcome to the VCCA!

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
You only have to wait for a judging event if you want an official VCCA judging report. If you want an evaluation there should be a few members who are well enough versed on your car to give an honest, educated opinion on the restoration. Ask on Chat and also attend a region meeting or two to see if you can get someone(s) to look over your car. Anyone that has restored a similar car by the book should be able to help.

Just realize there is no one that knows everything from his head. Use of reference materials before, during and after the evaluation will be more accurate and thorough. Don't take anyone's opinion as gospel or as a criticism of you or your work. Use them all as an educational process. When two or more agree then it probably will be correct. Also remember that each car, like people, is different from all the others. None fit the assembly criteria 100%. Fit and finish are not exactly the same.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks for everyone's input on this matter.As I have said I have joined and will be trying to locate a VCCA event as local as possible. As well as a chapter to help keep me updated to the next judging event in southern California. Jim

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Bonno5, you just missed two judged meets held in SoCal. There is one in September and another in Orange Co. in October. When you get your monthly magazine, The Generator and Distributor or "G & D" as we call it, you will be able to check the calendar of events. You also will have full access to the website instead of just a guest. Welcome! wel2

Steve Scott- VCCA Judging Committee
1985 Type 10 Cavalier Conv.
1986 Cavalier RS Conv.
https://nirvcca.wordpress.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.