Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
hello,

I show jonathan 27 years old and live in Guadeloupe, in the Caribbean. I speak little English so I use google translation.

I have the option of saving this car seems to be a 1931 chevrolet six but that was very change!!

the molding of the front apron makes me think it was at the base of a convertible! the wheels are not original either. Mechanically it is compleat.

how much do you think it might be worth? I do not think the owner has the paper!

thank you to you and sorry if I did not post my message to the right place it is not obvious to me!

if not I also have a chevrolet corvair!

[Linked Image from i71.servimg.com]
[Linked Image from i41.servimg.com]
[Linked Image from i71.servimg.com]

and the corvair

and my renault 5 turbo
[Linked Image from i61.servimg.com]

citroen traction 6cylindre

part of the garage
was outside

here is part of the family collection

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Hi Jonathan,
Great photos!! Thanks for sharing. This is a good place to ask questions and possible get a value for the car.

My gut impression is that few people would want to begin with this rough of a car. The shipping charge alone would cost more than the value of the car.

The rear body configuration is weird - but maybe someone else recognizes it better than I do.

Again, thanks for posting here.

Comments -- anybody else??

--Bill Barker

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
hello bill, thank you to you.

I actually want to buy it but I have no idea of its value! are there any convertible hulls in fiber (such as ford 32, 33 etc.) for this model? the back is very ugly! this is "the work" a bodybuilder certainly drunk!! lol

€ 500 seems a fair price! with a greater accuracy can I search and I'm not sure if this is a model 1931 or 1930?? what are the differences? since the 1930 model we find indeed the body of the deck molding which goes up by breeze.

thank you very much jo

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
two new photo,

the motor

and the dashboard

I saw the models with the carburetor below the pipe

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
The radiator shell, hood, steering wheel and front fenders are all 1931 and not 1930. The numbers on the passenger side of engine between fuel pump and distributor will determine the model year of the engine.

Based on the photos, I would think that the value would be in the $500 range. The cowl and dash are nearly worth that. The rest of the body is worth scrap value. Maybe a bit more for the frame, fenders, etc if they are useable.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
thank you very much,

the car is a 150 km from my home I can not check the number! $ 500 I think the owner will want much more, and that's a shame because I would not give anymore either! unfortunately it is likely to remain the Encor few years!

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey

what makes me think a 1930 model rather than 1931 is the molding that this photo is in red. it goes back down by the breeze. while the model 1931 it no longer exists! except on the roadster, but if it was already a roadster it would not have been slaughtered as well!

but it's true that 1930 was a double shock when my model of a single blade model 1931! strange!

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
The dash looks like a 32 roadster and its left hand drive .I noticed that the other roadster was right hand drive .I think to restore the that car would be very costly. Best to look for one in better running condition. If the corvair is for sale that would be a better choice. \good luck thanks for the pictures .

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
If it were a '32 the dash would have the "Heat" knob in the center and the transmission would have the serrated collar holding the stick in place. Looks to have a '32 manifold on the engine which is likely a replacement. The top of the cowl does not have the holes for the windshield side arms like a '32 would have had.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Guadeloupe is a beautiful Island. I worked there off and on for a few years.

The value of any car is related to where it is, whether it has papers, and the condition. Here it cost me $1500 to get the papers corrected for my Corvair. (I had originals, but with a typo).

I love the Citroen. I have a friend here restoring a 1935. With the cost of labor where you are, as nice as that car could be, unless you do most of the work it would be very expensive.

Parts for the Corvair are readily available from 3 or 4 sources, so you can get it 100% if you want, or vary from there, as I did in certain parts.

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Originally Posted by jo1063_971
hello bill, thank you to you.

I actually want to buy it but I have no idea of its value! are there any convertible hulls in fiber (such as ford 32, 33 etc.) for this model? the back is very ugly! this is "the work" a bodybuilder certainly drunk!! lol

€ 500 seems a fair price! with a greater accuracy can I search and I'm not sure if this is a model 1931 or 1930?? what are the differences? since the 1930 model we find indeed the body of the deck molding which goes up by breeze.

thank you very much jo
===========================================

Do not walk, run away from that car as fast as you can, and $500 for that is ridiculous, it should be free, just to get it off his property. If the owner says its worth more than free, give him a mental health IQ test.

Being crazy is one thing, being stupid is entirely different.

mike Agrin

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.