Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hey guys, Im restoring a 29 cabriolet. The car wasn't complete & I am missing the link bars inside the top which lock the tops side rails, over the window, tight against the door jamb vertical. I would like to find an owner of a cabriolet who would be willing to email me a picture of what these parts look like so I can try to fabricate them. Anyone out there know a cabriolet owner?

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Have you tried the FillingStation and/or I&I Reproductions, Inc. They may have the "T" bolts. Probably cheaper and would be chromed.

I have a 31 Cabriolet, but it is in storage for the winter.

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
I have a 29 cabriolet email me a picture of the area on yours that you need and i will take a picture of mine and email it back to you. email to rbraunh@aol.com
thanks Bob

Last edited by RLBraun; 01/03/13 02:34 PM.
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
You do know a 28 Cabriolet is the same as a 29 in the top area? I think I know where you will be able to get the parts you need. They will be SS castings. A friend is working on a 28 and needed the same parts.

32 Confederate
Bruce S. DeFord
VCCA Judging Committee Chair

The Great American Value for 1932
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi: I have a 29 cabriolet and I have fabricated those support arms from brass.I have an additional set of them ,1 set chromed and 1 set not.I am a Canadian wintering in Florida,and they are in Canada.I also have made sets of Landau arm prop nut clips,part #4280184,for the outside arms,from polished stainless steel if you are interested.Send me a reply if interested,as I can tell you most things on a 29.

chevnut
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000

Any possibility of a picture of the Landau arm prop nut clips?

I have a 28 Convertible Sport cabriolet and may need it.

Check my stuff for email if needed

Agrin devil

RAY

Chevradioman

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks for the offer but my top is all disassembled & being repaired & painted right now. I have the hardware out to be plated. I will try to find an old pic that shows the area. It is the inside upper corner of the side glass. The top has a pivot point on the upper corner and another on the b pillar at the rear of the window opening. There is a missing link between those points.

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Yes I am interested in a set of those bars & nuts. When are you going to be back in Canada?

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey

Yes stovebolt2 I have several questions and would like to speak to you. E-mail me at harper71@bellsouth.net & we can xchange ph.#s Thanks Larry

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
all the casting are available from Verdones Classic castings verdones@evenlink.com Jere and Marge Verdone in PA and the clips are available from Antique Auto Top Hardware in Molalla OR Kim Dawson 503 824 5888 . Jim

Jim
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hey I just wondered if you could email me with your friends # that has the top iron castings. Thanks harper71@bellsouth.net

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks Jim, I will ck it out.

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hello again, I am still trying to find those curved bars on the inside of my 29 cabriolet. Can you hook me up with your friend who has the ss ones . Also I can use some pics of the rumble seat area where the rumble seat bumpers go and the rumble latch itself which is missing on my car.

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
AntiqueMechanic is the guy that can help you. Look at his posting above.

32 Confederate
Bruce S. DeFord
VCCA Judging Committee Chair

The Great American Value for 1932
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi:I can help with all you need but I'm a Canadian wintering in Florida.I'll be home in April if you'r interested.I have inner arms,and info on rumble lid stops,any measurements you might need and prop nut locks.Let me know.

chevnut
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hello again, I think I have found a set of the inner curved bars for my cabriolet but I do still need one of the pivot attachments & the special shouldered bolt that attaches the bar to the top. Also pics of the weatherstriping at the top & rear of the door glass. I also don't have the wood trim for the b-pillar on the top. Any info or pics wood help me greatly. Thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.