Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#262240 11/26/12 09:30 PM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I found a 22 490 and am puzzled by the fact that the front and rear widths are different! Not the frame!I know it is wider in the rear.
The front is wider than the rear? (Axle hub to axle hub)
Why?
The guy wants rid of the pile!
It consist of complete chasis, cowl, window and frame, and radiator. Other parts are included such as complete dash and instruments. The wood wheels are tight and was converted from a 4 door to a ranch PU. It has two good doors with panels and rear seat section. He only wants $500.00.
I like it a lot except for the different widths.
The wheel base is correct!
Any ideas on widths and also input on his price??

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Check out the duplicate post that you made yesterday because you did receive a reply.

https://vccachat.org/ubbthreads.php/topics/262146/1922_Chevy_490_question#Post262146

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I am still unclear!
The front end (wheels, tires and axel is wider in the front than the rearend axel, wheels, tires assenbly.
I tried to look up the specificatons but could only find the wheelbase. I measured it and it was coprrect. Where would I find the measurement specification of the front axel assy. and rearend assy?
Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.