Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#258210 10/18/12 04:28 PM
kc1952 Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Just got a call from FS.They are shipping the new water pumps starting this week.Yaaaaay!!

kerry j camp
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Yup they are in and I got my yesterday. I do wish the fine people at the FS would have told me I need to purchase a gasket with the pump. SO for all that have one coming or thinking about ordering one make sure you purchase the gasket with your order.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
mine had a gasket in the box.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I haven't seen one yet but can't understand why they don't paint them the correct colour.

"Never give up" Louis Chevrolet
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Way too many old Chevy engines are painted universal gray and if painted the original dark blue gray the pump would not match. Better to let owner paint the same color as his engine.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
kc1952 Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
When I ordered mine in May they told me they came with the gasket.I asked first to make sure.

kerry j camp
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Steve from the Filling Station here. I would like to answer a couple questions so others don't get confused. First off, the water pumps we had made were a 3 year project. Lots of testing, changes and improvements took place in that period and we are very happy to offer this high quality, maintenance-free water pump for the early Chevy Sixes.

The color - it was not possible to get a factory (that makes 60,000 water pumps per week) to mix a special color for our 500 water pump order. They just flat refused. It takes about 5 minutes to mask off the brass nut and impeller shaft and spray the rest of the pump. Not a terrible amount of work or inconvenience.

The gasket - every water pump comes with a gasket. Look carefully in the box as it may be on the bottom. If you find that yours did not come with a gasket (stuff happens), just call us and we will send one to you at no charge.

We are pleased to bring this great upgrade to our customers and look forward to seeing many of you driving your old Chevy with one of our new pumps installed.

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
In response to Steve's posting, I've always had great success with the FS. Hats off to the great work they do and quick response on concerns we may have. When I posted my comment about the gasket it was not in disappointment. I never asked if it came with a gasket because I was excited to know mine was on the way.

Just so everyone know I called the FS and I had my missing gasket in 2 days. Yes, stuff does happen.

As for the color, paint what you will. The fact I don't have to mess around with the old pump makes my day!

Keep up the good work FS! I very happy with my order...

Again, thanks for all you do.

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Steve here again. 32intime, thanks for the kind words. I am glad we got your gasket to you quickly. We pride ourselves on customer service and strive to do better each day. Thanks for your trust in us! Enjoy that new water pump.

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
I just ordered one for my 31 today

hoppy

"Four-Doors-Forever"
kc1952 Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Got my '32 pump in yesterday.It took a couple of hours to install.The instructions they sent with it were very helpful.It works great!No leaks or other issues.Temp gauge showed "cool" on a short drive and went to "normal" when parked.Before it would peg on hot after stopping.Thankyou Filling Station !

kerry j camp

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.