Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#246230 06/19/12 09:48 AM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Does anyone know if a 31 roadster kit will fit a 30.

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Can anyone provide dimensions for a 31 roadster from the front of roof to the rear bow and from top of rear bow to the top of the deck about center of the car. Also if possible the seat and backrest dimensions. Thanks

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I have a 30 roadster also.I dont know whether you are asking about the canvas top only or whether you are looking for the entire top framework also.Mine was missing the entire top assembly when I got it but I was very fortunate to find an original in very good cond.I made new wood bows (had the original bows for pattern) I have not yet completed the top upholstry, but I did recieve an exact pattern copy from a fellow who has done an award winning restoation on a 30 roadster.I made a canvas copy of it and tacked it into place to check the fit and it fits perfect.the 30 and 31 top assemblies are entirely different one from another.a 29 dodge top is very similar to a 30 chev top assembly.

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks for the info. Yes I have the frame and bows. The only kit I could find listed for the vinyl was for a 31 but I was not sure it would fit, I suspected not. I have looked into having it made and it would be much cheaper if they had a pattern to work from. Do you still have a contact for a 1930 pattern.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.