Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#224457 11/12/11 10:59 AM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Where exactly dos the welting go on my 39 chevy coupe? Dos it go on the ends of the running boards next to fender,and dos it follow the entire front fender.

Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

1939_chevy #224869 11/16/11 10:20 PM
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
I can't speak to 39 but on my 38 the welting is only between the fender and the body, including the radiator shell. On the 38 there was a foam like material between the fender and the running boards and between the fender and the firewall. Between the running board and the body is a rubber strip that's sold by everybody.

I have a welting installation trick that made installation much easier. Take 1 inch wide masking tape and pull off 6 inch strip. Put the 6 inch strip on the inside edge of the welting, fold it onto itself so the tape leaves a 2 inch tab hanging off the inside edge of the welting with 1 inch on top and bottom of the welting. Do this at intervals along the welting. When you get the fender mounted, use these masking tape tabs to pull the welting tight as you tighten the bolts holding the fender to the body.

Brian

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.