Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi All - Newbie here and I'm already hooked on this site. I possess enough basic information about cars, but a do-it-yourself person I'm not. I feel blessed to have found a forum with so many informed and friendly people who are so generous with their knowledge.

I recently purchased a 1960 Impala Convertible (my personal dream car) and it needs some minor mechanical work. I have a long-time mechanic who's excellent at his profession and as honest as they come. The glitch is that he hasn't worked on many older cars, and doesn't know the best venues to purchase the parts I'll be needing. I told him that I'll do the legwork for finding any parts.

My question is can anyone recommend a few established dealers for parts as far as fair pricing and reliability? I'm in the South Jersey area just outside of Philadelphia, and would like to find someone local, but I assume I'll likely be dealing on the internet. I've found a few sites that seem reputable, but I would feel better with a point in the right direction from someone here.

Any advice would be much appreciated and I would like to say thanks in advance for any suggestions and especially for having this forum.

Best,
Rich Primo

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world... she walks into mine"
Wilwood Engineering1955-1957

Willwood Engineering

Wilwood Engineering designs and manufactures high-performance disc brake systems.
Wilwood Engineering, Inc. - 4700 Calle Bolero - Camarillo, CA 93012 - (805) 388-1188

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Welcome , Welcome , Welcome . I Get most all my stuff off Ebay ! I opened an account ...signed up with PayPal ( Bill Me Later )...I got everything I need ! Including thousands of dollars in debt ! And one day these parts will be on my car ! Good Luck , We'll be talking ! Kevin47

1947 Fleetmaster Sport Coupe VCCA # 47475

If it's not wearing a Bowtie...It's not properly dressed...!
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the welcome and reply. I do have an eBay and Paypal account, and I realized there was an eBay Motors section after I posted my question... duh on me.

I noticed some big difference in price from certain sellers. For example, a 20% price difference on the same dummy antenna. I also noticed that some vendors don't provide pics for many of their store items. Guess I'll have to sort through everything until I find someone I feel comfortable dealing with.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I'm sure we'll speak again. Have a great weekend. ok

Rich

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world... she walks into mine"
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Hey Rich... While you're at it, our own club magazine has a classifieds section jammed full of dealers and fellow restorers. Consider joining the VCCA and coming out to some shows or tours, (or both carbana ) and reap the benefits of what the club can do for you! There's a lot of people here willing to help, and have parts to sell... and often sell at "the member rate" to fellow members. It's all about the networking! Oh... and post up some pics of that Jet-Smooth '60!!

Those accustomed to the finest...find it in Chevrolet.
1953 Belair Convertible
1951 2dr Deluxe Sedan
2015 GMC SLE 4X4
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Finally got around to joining. Looking forward to talking to and learning from the most knowledgeable Chevy enthusiasts in the world. Thanks for having me.

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Welcome to the VCCA Family. If you have 1/4 as much fun as I do it will be more than worth it. The more you contribute the more you get back.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Welcome to the club.

Bill

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
I have found that more and more vendors and parts seekers turn to the internet for parts. We also make swap meets hunting parts at a swap meet is not just work, it can be fun, and you will meet others that may be able to help you with your search. I see that you have recently joined VCCA and I hope that you look for a VCCA regional club. "Birds of a feather, flock together" and for many good reasons. I have bought from Impala Bob for 1968 Impala stuff I can't find elsewhere.
Welcome aboard! If you will P.M your last name, location and VCCA membership number I can verify your VCCA membership and get you access to VCCA member only forums here on Chatter II

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Originally Posted by MrMack
Welcome aboard! If you will P.M your last name, location and VCCA membership number I can verify your VCCA membership and get you access to VCCA member only forums here on Chatter II

Hi and thank you for the welcome. I've paid the dues for membership, but when I attempted my initial registration log-in, it said I would need to provide the two #'s from the G&D mailing label.

I did receive an Order Confirmation e-mail after I registered, but all it contained was an Order I.D. number. I assume I'll have to wait until I receive the magazine, unless there's a way to find out my membership #'s beforehand.

Rich

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
You can wait to get your G&D in a couple of weeks or call membership services. Don't know if Harry will respond to an email as he might not feel comfortable trying to verify your membership and identity. You can try to send an email. Let us know if that works.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Hello Rich,

You may also want to check www.rockauto.com for mechanical parts for your 1960.

A few clicks and the parts appear at your doorstep - without all the drama of the local parts counter-person who is younger than your Chevy!

Oliver J. Giorgi
Technical Advisor
1958 Passenger Car
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks for the link, Oliver. I'll look into it right away. A friend of mine is tweaking my Impala and found a good supplier for parts, but he's having a bit of trouble finding a water pump. I've been busy with my business, but have some time for searching around this weekend.

Best,
Rich Primo

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Originally Posted by bowtieollie
Hello Rich,

You may also want to check www.rockauto.com for mechanical parts for your 1960.

A few clicks and the parts appear at your doorstep - without all the drama of the local parts counter-person who is younger than your Chevy!

Oliver - The rockauto.com site seems to be unable to load. Would they be the same as "rockautoservice.com?" Thanks

Rich Primo

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
I've used www.rockauto.com several times for parts for our 68 Impala with success. Get on their email list and sometimes they send out notices of clearance prices on some items for your car.

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.