Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#189826 11/27/10 05:54 PM
Barney Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I'm not sure that this is the correct place to post this,but I'll try anyway.I'm a VCCA member(22409) and plan on registering without a vehicle and taking in some of the events in Flint in July.My son and family,not a VCCA member live just outside of Windsor, Ontario about 2 hours from Flint and would also be interested in the Meet.My question is-can my son go as my guest to events that I am able to attend?
Thanks

60 years of golf,never a hole in one.
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
I'll take a crack at this - and then maybe someone in an official capacity will chime in.
pipe
All of the events in the past have always allowed "close family members" to join in as part of a family registration. I can't imagine that anyone would object to your "son" joining you if you include him in your registration.

Now, it might be a little different with my brood now... I had three daughters and if they wanted to attend, along with their husbands, and with their kids, then I might have to coach them to buy a membership in addition to the Meet registration.
newangel

I think that we can say for sure, that some "extended" family members have later joined after attending a Meet on their parents coattails. Ha!

--Bill Barker
35 year member

Barney Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks Bill,we'll see what happens in the next few days here.My son,when he lived at home attended quite a few of our Northwest Meets and I know he's still a Chevy guy.

60 years of golf,never a hole in one.
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Both fathers and sons attending Flint sounds like a great thought and is very acceptable. When you sign up for Flint meet, you will just need to list your son as a family member on your registration form. Then when it comes to the various activites, you can pay for his attendance as well. Some activities are free like the Flint Silverado truck Assembly Plant Tour. Some tours will be a cost for each member attending like the Crossroads Village Plaque Tour. Crossroads Village is a restored/recreated 1880's village complete with blacksmith shop, a train ride in 1880's era train cars, ferris wheel, , paddlewheel boat ride, etc. etc. Fun for all ages.

When it comes to the Friday evening banquet, have your son order the fish, since it is cheaper. But then again, if your son is paying for his own dinner, let him order the Surf and Turf at market price..... Just kidding.

I hope to see you there with your son.
dtm
2011 Flint Meet chair

the toolman
60th Anniversary Meet Chairperson
Dave
VCCA # L 28873
VCCA #83 Tool Technical Advisor for 1914-1966
VCCA #83 1940 Chevrolet Technical Advisor
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Buy your son a membership as a gift.
This may inspire him to love the VCCA like you do.
Recommend buying the membership for 3 years.
It is the gift that keeps on giving.

cordman

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.