Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ewv715 Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
a number of years back i found a listing for a carburetor rebuilder in Vancouver Washington. That had W-1 carburetors in stock. I have lost the name and place and i can not fine any listing in the phone books. I have a W-1 on a 1929 6 cylinder in a 1931 body. The Carburetor leaks a bit much. Or where to send it for rebuild.

I was told by the starter generator shop i could use a 12 volt battery to run my 6 volt system in the car. That the gauges would be just fine I would have to change lights to 12 volts.

does anyone make any other changes? or to the wiring?

Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000

Hi ewv715,

I have a W-1 on a 1929 6 cylinder in a 1931 body.
I'm sure that is not the full story. Are you using the W-1 upside down as an updraft?????

I don't know of any place here in Vancouver that specializes in rebuilding older carburetors.

I would like to strongly urge you to abandon the idea of changing to 12-volt. If everything is properly maintained on your vehicle there is no advantage to the 12-volt and you save the cost of the parts to make the change.

I think you will get the same recommendation from some of the more seasoned members of this Forum.

Agrin devil

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

ewv715 Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hello Ray no the W-1 carburetor is on a newer down draft manifold. when it was running it works just fine. only it has not been run in 5 or 6 years. It will be all dried out after all this time.

Thanks for the information about the Carburetor shop in Vancouver Washington.

everett w.

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
If you were a VCCA member you would find a couple of capable W-1 rebuilders who are listed in the Services by Members section of the magazine. The closest of them is located in Southern Oregon.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.