Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
D
DaC
Unregistered
DaC
Unregistered
D
Expert advise needed: (sorry not looking for "I think and opinions")

1951 Deluxe 5 window cab.
Facts -Orginial color Forester Green(PPG #40519)
Marron knobs - shifter and cowl vent
Chrome - window cranks and interior cab doors

Need to know
a) Vinyl Bench seat color - Spanish vinyl look - brown (N-10) or Maroon (R-7)
b) 2 piece Headliner/panelboard color - brown (PB25M) or Maroon
c) Door Panel and armrest cover color?
d) Sunvisor color ?
e) Side kick panels color ?
f) Orginial paint color Interior (web sites dont count, paint names are no good, a factory OEM paint number.)
This is a restoration project, thank you for any assistance in advance.
Doc

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Hey Doc!

Here's some expert advice - - - -

According to one of your six posts, you're a "brand spanking new" VCCA member. If so, my expert advice is to update your profile.

With at attitude like you're showing, you're going to need all the help you can get.... wavey

Bill.

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
I can understand where you are coming from as far as getting the correct information.

The only thing I can comment on at this time is the parking brake release knob. According to the 1952 Engineering Manual the knob changed from chrome to the maroon plastic mid-year (1951). At this time I am not sure of the other knobs but in the passenger car line several interior knobs changed from metal to plastic mid year., The clock knob, ash tray knobs and seat adjuster knobs come to mind. The changes were due to the Korean was shortages.

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
And Chevrolet describes the seat cover material as being a "rich shade of burgundy"

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
The "rich shade of burgundy" (maroon) is correct.

Over the years, this seat material (almost) always fades to an orangish-brown color, which many people then assume is "correct" because it is original. The door inserts are the same. Reproduction seat covers in burgundy are readily avaialbe from several sources.

Chevy Guru
D
DaC
Unregistered
DaC
Unregistered
D
Thank you Chev nut.
Note on the fabric, BeBaron Bonney Comp. its recommending that a brown was use, when the orginal seat material looks or was worn to a maroon matte color.
Thanks again.

D
DaC
Unregistered
DaC
Unregistered
D
Thank you Chevy Guru, great help.
You are correct on the change in color and difference in 60 years, when my VCCA application has been processed I will see what the tech. advisor suggest as well. LeBaron Bonney Upholster Comp. is suggesting that the brown tone leather/long grain look (N-10) was orginal with the exterior paint color given.
They have my seat and back covers. So thats what they
are suggesting, but wanted some of your expert advise to decide. much thanks
D@C

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Interior paints
Medium tan metalli-chrome DuPont # 260-55257
Dark tan metalli-chrome - 260-55265

If you don't have one suggest you get a 1951 truck Engineering manual and the 1950 version may be helpful also. Both available from the Filling Station. $14.00 and $12.00 each .They also have 1951 truck and car accessory manual $8.00,

The 1946 and prior trucks had the brown material for the seats, etc.

Gene Schneider
D
DaC
Unregistered
DaC
Unregistered
D
Chevy Nut
Fantastic advise, thank you with the quick response & detail facts needed. You've got the right KSA (knowledge, skills and abilities) perfect data. TY
D@C

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.