Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
PAPA-K Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
1957 tailight has a insert about 1 in long front side holds bulb rear is where wiring harness hooks on I am holding the one I have it is too bent up to use and I need two new ones, Can't find the proper name to call it or find the part any ideas here? I know years ago you could just buy em and tap out old corroded ones and replace with new but its like pulling teeth to find a parts store with a little imagination on this. I get the deer in the headlight look....

Wilwood Engineering1955-1957

Willwood Engineering

Wilwood Engineering designs and manufactures high-performance disc brake systems.
Wilwood Engineering, Inc. - 4700 Calle Bolero - Camarillo, CA 93012 - (805) 388-1188

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Do you mean the brass sleeve?
That the bulbs actually ride in?
If so I have some old tail light assemblies I can see if any are usable for a few bucks and postage.

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
you should be asking for a universal replacement bulb socket.

find a parts store that knows what a buyers guide is. NAPA has a pretty good assortment available.

Chevrolet

Valve In Head, Ahead In Value
PAPA-K Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
yes this is the brass sleeve the bulb rides in. I was at napa once but all the young guy did was look in a book of stuff and didn't see a correct picture, I will ask about the bulb socket. I do not know if that socket is the same as any other tail light, are the ones you have 57?

PAPA-K Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
CRAIG if you can come up with a couple it would be great

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.