Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
i have bought a new carb and it turns out is a higher cfm 600 cfm was the original now i have 750 is that ok. and how do i convert an electric choke to a manual thats what the new one has on it.

im listening because somebody always knows more than I.
Wilwood Engineering1955-1957

Willwood Engineering

Wilwood Engineering designs and manufactures high-performance disc brake systems.
Wilwood Engineering, Inc. - 4700 Calle Bolero - Camarillo, CA 93012 - (805) 388-1188

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
After the proper adjustments it should allow the engine to breathe a bit better, but without more detail, not much more can be said. As for the choke, Summit has choke kits: http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=manual%20choke&dds=1

i bet Jegs and others will have too.

It's not how fast you can go, but how good you look at 20 MPH.
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Well i had an eddlebrock 1407 with 600cfm electric choke and the thing had been rebuilt three times previously and after i did it again it still was crap. So i went and had a new one bought for me but she brought me home the 1407 instead. I looked it over and it is compatible with my motor a chevy 350 5.0 liter. But it has the manual choke wich i wasnt too thrilled with but i liked the higher cfm as long as it would not be wrong to put in it. Now another question for ya, is it possible to convert this one to an electric choke? just currious, everything looks to bolt up the same and if i switched one metal piece thats connected to the rod that holds the choke plate id have the same fittings all around the board. Does this sound like its possible or just leave it alone and get the manual lever?

im listening because somebody always knows more than I.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.