Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Since I now have both the front and back lights installed and the new (1934) wiring harness in place, I am looking with more interest at the box of "socket" connections I found. Unfortunately someone else took the lights apart.

I think almost understand what goes where but could sure use some good pictures of what these look like in their proper place and correctly connected. Also any advice, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a source for parts if I am missing some? Thanks ahead for any replies!!!!

1934 Three Window Coupe
[img]http://www.youngsdecks.com/YoungsDecks/1934_Chevy.html[/img]
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Since I didn't get any replies from my first post I am again asking for some information on wiring the light sockets for my 34. I have a new harness and a box of original sockets but can find nothing in my manuals that shows exactly how things go back together. Pictures would be wonderful but any help appreciated!

1934 Three Window Coupe
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Is there a source for parts if I am missing some? Thanks ahead for any replies!!!!

Jerry, Maybe you might need to post pictures of what you have?

Most of your socket wireing will be straight forward. Do you have a diagram of the wireing?
Exactly what are you wanting to know? how to wire the socket to the harness? or what?

You will need a diagram for the headlights, everything else should have one single element bulb except for the tail and stop lamp. The socket must connect to ground for a return to complete the circuit.

Here is the place. Rhode Island Wiring Service

Where I got the pics:
Wireingproducts.com
Here are some pics:
[Linked Image from wiringproducts.com]

[Linked Image from wiringproducts.com]Sometimes I use these.

I often will use this one for a double contact bulb and wire the two wires together to get one double filiment bulb to be twice as bright as a single filement bulb, like for a single brake light or I like this arrangment for back up lights. I have had a socket that was a tight fit in the holder and used a double filiment bulb with the contacts soldered together and had to modify the J slot in a single contact socket. I did this for a 6 volt test light in a panel and used the filiment voltage supply for the panel tubes (6.3VDC) 12 VDC for newer model tubes

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Your picture of the sockets for the tail lights and a source is exactly what I need. I did not know about Rhode Island Wiring Service or Wireing Products. I have what I think is everything for the headlights but did not know where to get connections for the rear. Yes, I have several wiring diagrams and understand them but just wanted to be sure on the actual socket parts. Thanks Again for your time!!!!!!!!

1934 Three Window Coupe
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Here's an inexpensive source for sockets and bulbs:

http://www.taillightking.com/

Happy hunting!

Wally

1936 Low Cab Pickup

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.