Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 750
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 750
I’m trying to add a little color to my old ’50 truck for the car shows. So, I thought a few bags of seed would look cool left in the bed. I went out to the antique shops today and found a half dozen bags of Dekalb seed corn and some alfalfa seed. Now, what to put in them???? I thought popcorn would fill them up nicely but that’s probably gonna be to light and might blow around on the road. Any other ideas besides a couple of bricks in the bottom of the bag? http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/116523811

At the same store I found a nice Sahara Flax water bag that I can remember getting a nice cool drink from out in the field when bailing hay as a kid. Thought it might help add a little more flavor to the show. http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/116522363
But, I need somewhere to sling it on an AD truck. Any ideas on that??
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
You can fill the bags with cracked corn for that authentic look and feel. Or, you can fill the bags with sand.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Watermelons, man.

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Yep, around here watermelons are the cash crop of choice in July and August later on it would be pecans and peanuts. Watermelons are selling for $2 to $6 depending on size. The champions were two Black Diamonds both weighed 96.5 pounds each and they tied for 1st place last week at the DeLeon Peach and Melon festival, the peaches got frozen out with a late freeze this year. Had a car show and about 10 tons of free ice cold sliced watermelon. Your truck would have felt right at home!

Hang the waterbag on the rear mirror bracket and let it rub the paint shiny-er. Ha! I remember doing that on my dads 48 Chevy 1/2 ton.

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
ChatMaster - 750
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 750
Gonna steer clear of real grain JYD, to much problem with the field mice out here when I store them in the garage.
Watermelons? Don’t think they would fit in the bag Chef, to lumpy too.

And I could use some of that Shinier Paint Mack, in more places than under the mirror. I was kinda thinin’ I’d like to keep it hung up front somewhere, you know how the front is about all that sticks out at the car shows. Taint like a model A where you can hang it on the radiator cap.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
patriot :vcca: Denny, If you find any more of those water bags, you might want to buy them as an investment. There was a discussion somewhere in the Forums just a short time ago on them and as I recall, someone asked where to buy them so there is an interest in them. Beamer

Chat Region Member
2017 GMC Canyon
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
How about a few rocks for weight and then fill it with packaging peanuts. Don't think the mice like polystyrene or rocks either.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Denny, If you find any more of those water bags, you might want to buy them as an investment. There was a discussion somewhere in the Forums just a short time ago on them and as I recall, someone asked where to buy them so there is an interest in them.

I think that the person that was asking about the water bags was Denny.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Strike anywhere matches?

ChatMaster - 750
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 750
Yep Beamer, JYD caught that one, I was looking for them a few weeks ago and then all of a sudden I’ve got four of them. Don’t think they are a very good investment though, so I’m probably stuck with four of them.
One hot (90°) evening a few weeks ago my wife and I went to a local cruse night. I took a well-weathered bag and filled it up with water and slung it over the hood latch. There it sat all night dripping water and not one person ever mentioned it. But, I shoulda known better, those there hot rodders are only looking for performance mods and more noise, not a history lesson or museum display.
Yeah, even the lady at the antique shop suggested bricks, think I’ll give the wood chips a try. Since my “big ol’ wife” isn’t domesticated looks like I’ll have to learn how to throw a lock stitch also.
TKS,
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Big Ol wife? Haha I didn't know my wife had a twin sister!!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.