Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Chevman Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Do any of you have your car apart to where you could give me some measurements for the windshield regulator mounting board? I just need to know how thick, wide, and a reference point to mount the regulator.

Thanks Steve

Steve
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
You can purchase the windshield regulator board already made up from Auto Wood Restoration in Hanna, Indiana. That way all you have to do is install your windshield regulator when you receive the board. laugh laugh laugh

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
Chevman Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I do realize that it can be purchased for a nominal fee. I am a master craftsman and have all the expertice to fabricate one even if it is from scratch. I just thought I would try to save some frustrations if anyone had one out where I could get some measurements. I am retired so time is of no concern. I have already re-wooded (2) doors + regulator boards for them, (1) door post, and back seat springs board.
I do sincearly appreciate all advice, and realize that everyone is trying to save people a little time and frustrations, but I do relish a challenge. That is what makes me tick.

Thanks Steve

Steve
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Is the 32 the same as a 31? If so I could help you out. I have a new one from Rodman that is not installed.

Sal Orlando
Chat Group Region Member
Chevman Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
If I am not mistaken, JYD said they were different. The crank was located in a different place. Please correct me if I am wrong JYD. I am working from nothing, so I don't even know how it is suppose to look.

Steve
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
They are different. :( :( :(

The Mangy Old Mutt

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
i have a spare for a 31 coach

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Hi Steve,

I think a lot of these guys can't do their own work and are embarrassed when you ask a question concerning measurements.
I have a new board for my 31 Coupe and will give you the measurements for it if you would like.

If I knew how they are different from the 32 I would tell you but I don't.

JOHN GILL
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
"I think a lot of these guys can't do their own work and are embarrassed when you ask a question concerning measurements."

Why would anyone be "embarrassed" about giving out measurements if they have the material item in hand to measure? And, many of the fellows on this site actually do their own work as you can tell from many of the postings concerning the work that they do.

The problem is that the 1932 regulator must be out of the car so that measurements can be taken. If someone has a regulator not mounted in a car, then I'm sure that they would be happy to get the measurements for Steve. "Embarrassed" has nothing to do with the issue. laugh laugh laugh

Again, both the 1931 regulator board and the 1931 regulator are different than the 1932 version, so Steve needs the measurements from a 1932 regulator board. :( :(

The Mangy Old Mutt

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Thank You JYD,

I was just trying to get a clear explaination as to the difference in the two boards. Sometimes when you GOAD you get the response you wanted.

Sometimes Not!

Its an old investigative technique. Your right," embarrased", has nothing to do with the issue.

JOHN GILL
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
31 board is different from 32 . i lent my 31 to a fellow to copy for his 32 .they are not the same .kozy2772

Tom Koziol
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I believe I can help. Let me know what you need. Steve

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Steve:
A detailed drawing is in the mail to you

Chevman Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks to all of you who responded. I have one made now. Regulator is on and it fits the car like it was supose to.
Thank You

Steve
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Steve,
Sometimes it takes a while, but eventually someone will actually get around to answering the question you asked. :confused:

Regards,

See the USA in a Vintage Chevrolet

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.