Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#136624 02/11/09 10:40 PM
PAPA-K Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Around my area here is a radio show called Garage Logic, one of the rules in garage logic is the 48 hour rule, basically what it is, you purchase a object, car , truck, boat motorcycle fishin rod, table saw and you put in sorta plain sight in the garage, the premiss is the wife does not really pay attention to whats there anyway, so 48 hrs goes by its yours and you can say "oh that old thing, been there forever!" the down side is if you get caught the 3 prices paid, the price you really paid, the price you tell her you paid and the price your gonna pay because she's gonna get even, know what I mean........ wink

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

PAPA-K #136626 02/11/09 11:19 PM
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
learned my lession 20+ years ago when i slipped a 65 396 vette coupe into one of our garages and placed a car cover over it. didn't tell the wife i'd bought it. about 3 monthes later, she recognized it as not being one of the collection. the marital compromise cost me an in-ground swimming pool( which cost about 3X what i paid for the corvette). haven't made this mistake since.in retrospect, the vette is worth way more than the pool is today. still won't fool with the wifey again.mike

PAPA-K #136629 02/12/09 12:03 AM
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
My spouse has reminded me on several occasions that I must close my eyes and sleep every so often. Used to wake up in the morning with a stiff aching neck. Have not done that in years. Think I learned something? Me too. Once I recognized who was the titular head and who's the real BOSS things got a lot better. Some of us are slow learners.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
A few years ago, I bought a very rusty visible gas pump at the Portland swap meet. Knowing that it wouldn't be well received at home, I unloaded it at a friends house on my way home. About 5 weeks later, my wife was chaperoning our daughter and her volleyball team on the other side of the state. She called me during the evening to tell me that she'd been in a minor car accident -- and that it was probably her fault.

After expressing my symphony and telling her that it was okay... I gently mentioned that I had purchased a gas pump that day and was going to haul it home the next day. She said that it was a good idea and that she'd see me Sunday night after the tournament was over.

After painting the pump, I moved it into the living room!!!! People used to ask me "How the heck did I manage to accomplish that?" I responded, "It's all in the timing."
yay stressed

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
I guess that I must be lucky because I hardly ever have a problem with Mrs. Junkyard Dog. When I drag something home like another pinball machine, a seat from a 1905 Farris Wheel, an antiquated yard ornament, an "unmentionable" from Elvira, a vintage soap box or whatever, about the only thing she asks is "how much was it?". Now.....if I drag something home and I don't tell her.....then all hell breaks loose and I am in the dog house for a couple of days! So, this mutt has learned to tell Mrs. Mutt up front and then life is more worth livin'!

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
I found out it's easier to get forgiveness than permission. togo

I think I'm a fairly wise person because I'm smart enough to realise I'm not too bright.
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Bumper sticker seen in my garage:

"My wife said if I restore one more car she'll leave me.
I sure will miss her." driving

Best answer when caught with a new acquisition:

"It's cheaper than a blonde." beermugs

All the Best, Chip

"It's wise to choose a SIX"
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Last week the wife came home from shopping, brought the stuff in the house and kind of mentioned that she had kind of been hit in the rear at a stop sign by a lady who was kind of watching traffic on the adjoining street and not what was ahead of her so she kind of slipped up and kind of accidentally hit the new Buick. Further they kind of got out of the cars, kind of looked at the bumpers and decided that there was no damage there. Well having been an Insurance adjuster at one time I kind of have an eye for damage, the result was almost $600.00 to the hitters insurance company. They both kind of forgot to get the necessary information from each other concerning insurance etc. Wife did get the other drivers name and insurance company but no details. Took a bunch of phone calls to sort it out. talk

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
I found out it's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Jerrygolf: The one thing that you are missing here is that a marriage is a 50-50 proposition, and both partners in a marriage need to understand that fact. My marriage is the same......50-50 and that's how it works. I don't need to get permission because 50% of the time I do what I want. The other 50% of the time I still do what I want!

bigl laugh wink

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
PAPA-K Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Honest Thats what he said Mrs. Dog, "I do what I want, when I want, for as long as I want" She growled rrrrrrrrr and I ran for my life......... Agrin

PAPA-K #136655 02/12/09 12:24 PM
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
I don't see any of the wife's input here and it is I do what I want as long as she lets me.

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Funny stuff.

Many years ago I came home to see a new sofa in the living room. I ask my {former} wife about it and she said, "Oh that, I guess you were not paying attention, we've had that for a long time."

I said. "Well we both need to pay more attention, because you've not commented on the Red Austin Healy in the drive way."

Ahh, life,

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.