Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
sparky Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
This is a question about attaching beltline weather stripping to the garnish moldings & body. Originally it was attached with stapels, hard to find a metal stapler now days so how do you attach the new(replarement) beltline weather strip that does not look out of place?

Thank You

Sparky
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
If you do a search (I used "staple")you will find a discussion on a 50s whisker strips. They also were stapled from the factory.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
I replaced the fuzzy strips on my Corvair. The Corvair vendor also sold a stainless wire that could be cut and bent - to make staples. Was a slow job but worked well. You could probably make tham from paper clips but may rust.
What ever happened with the trunk hinges? Were they correct?

Gene Schneider
sparky Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Chevgene,

No they were not correct & the supplier took 4 weeks to give a refund & then only gave actual cost & no shipping . His add Stated Ezact as original. Read my reply post on hinges. Experence shows us who to buy from & who not to. It is too bad they could not learn from their mistakes as I know very well I have.\\Thank You

Sparky

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.