Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#123824 07/20/08 05:41 PM
cordman Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I was driving my 1927 Chevrolet Fire Truck down a busy 6 lane street in Tulsa yesterday afternoon. On my way home from the "Heart of Route 66 Region, VCCA" meeting. A guy pulls up on my right side (driving a Ford) at a stoplight and asks me if it is a "Kit". I said no, it is the real thing.

Cannot imagine why anyone would think that Fire Truck is a kit car.

cordman
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

cordman #123829 07/20/08 06:40 PM
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Must have been one of them Okies sniffing too much drip gas. It is sorta like a Kentuckian with Jakeleg.

Had a couple of them Okies (on first Southern Spring Tour) see my '32 Chevy Roadster Pickup. First one said his uncle had a Model A just like it and the other asked if it was a kit car?

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Chipper #123839 07/20/08 10:11 PM
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Yep, you gotta watch them Okies up around The Tenkiller Ferry!
Specially if you have one of them Michican accents!

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
MrMack #123844 07/21/08 12:20 AM
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I used to think these people were rude, then I thought they were stupid. After a long time, my brain cells took over.

These folks generally mean no harm. They are interested in the beautiful vehicle in front of them, they don't understand them, and they want to say something profound or at least appropriate. But the knowledge they have could be put on the head of a ball point pen with enough room to roller skate around.

I listen, and if the speaker gives me some sort of eye contact indicating that he's simply showing off for his date or 9 year old son, I'll bail him out as if he was the pro. If he's trying to demean, insult, or help me diagnose his learning disability, I ignore him and turn to stone.

I love these vehicles. I work on 'em and enjoy chasing the threads, for crying out loud. I study their technology, and I'm amazed that technicians and the true mechanics from 80 years ago made them work as well as they do. Observing the technological "stair steps" that have occurred since then, (each generation building upon the success of the prior generation), I would love to be here 100 years from now to see how things have progressed.

PS... Do you think that they will ever produce a wind powered vehicle for our politicians?

Don

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.