Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hello,
I currently have access to a 1934 Chevy Standard Roadster, which we are currently researching market value. Unfortunately, I have only seen one (red, right hand drive, on Hyman LTD.), but I cannot tell how much it sold for (if it sold).

Ours was restored perhaps 20 years ago and had been driven lightly but has not been run in 3 years.

We've had an offer of $22,000., but then the guy offered $18,000 because "we are in a recession".

Any and all comments are welcome please. I am new to these chat sites, so please be gentle.

thanks much

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
This could help:http://manheimgold.com/car_lo.html

I try to be the person my dog thought I was.
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
The 34 35 Chev Roadster is a great looking car. Have you considered keeping the car? They are great tour cars. I'm assuming when you say roadster that it has side curtains, Correct ?

The Old Cars Weekly price guide is a good source for pricing as well. My experience has been mixed with the guide books. In reality a car is worth what someone is willing to pay and you are willing to accept. Once there is an agreement that is what the car is worth. I have seen cars that were worth lots of money that never sold. When the price came down considerably they sold. Then again I have seen cars that were over evaluated sell for top dollar.

I looked at a 35 Roadster a couple of years ago. Knowing it was a 40 year old restoration, hoping to buy it at the right price. We were way too far apart. Unfortunately for me, someone offered them top dollar sight unseen and it was sold. In this case I have a feeling it became a street rod, sorry to say.

Member 45+ years, been around since the beginning !
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey

Sorry for not replying sooner. Yes, the car is beautiful, soft top, side curtains and rumble seat. We would hate to see it converted into a hotrod, considering the running boards were saved from someone elses hotrod conversion.

I hope to have pictures to share before the weekend is over.

I like your handle: "VCCA Son", I too am a son of a longtime AACA member.

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
I would not go below the $21,000 price and the right person that wants to keep the car will be willing to pay the price. Most are just looking for a car to resell at a profit.

Gene Schneider
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Just had to say "what a beautiful vehicle"!!! If I hadn't recently bought my 36 master deluxe 5-window, I would be all over your car.

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Well, we found a buyer for the chevy. We hope and trust that it does not become a hot-rod.

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
A friend of mine bought one similar to this last weekend here in Oz.
Same colour - but slightly modified......
As to hot rodding your's - I doubt it, it's far too nice AND desirable as is.
But to be pedantic, hot rodding is a matter of degree.
Is a car "hot rodded" if it has a 12 volt electrical system?
What about extra instruments? - Hydraulic brakes? Radial tyres?
Engine transplant? This one is easy in say a T model Ford, but in a Chev? What about a 235 instead of the 206 in my 36 Roadster?
But back on topic, that roadster is just plain LUVERLY!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.