Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#117149 03/08/08 11:17 AM
steve57 Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
It has come to my attention that some members of the touring committee feel that we are taking advantage of, I guest touring. This tour followed the guidelines that the touring committee set. Has a starting point, planned events along the way. Planned stopping points each night. Was submitted and approved by National. Advertised in the G&D. Has a registration form and a fee to participate. I thought that this committee was formed to promote touring .Not criticize when someone tries something new. I am sure there will be some neg. response to this, but I am hoping for some positive common sense too.
As director of The Pine Barrens Touring Region Here is the question I have. Is the problem that there is a meet in the middle of the tour ? ( Should we support other regions, or would skipping the meet make the tour ok) Is it the pass port ? ( I will turn mine in if that would help) Is it the oval? ( If you think I am spending about $2500.00 on hotels gas and events just to put a oval on my car ,your nuts)
So why are we doing this ? A very simple reason that seems to get lost in all the rules that seem to be so important to make about everything. FOR THE LOVE OF THE CARS AND THE FREINDSHIPS THAT ARE MADE BECAUSE OF THEM.
Iam starting to under stand why there are alot of good people that do not get involved. When its no longer fun they go to some other club.
Steve Jones
Pine Barrens Touring Region

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

steve57 #117150 03/08/08 11:52 AM
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
I would suggest asking those members just what they think the problem is.(in a nice way)...there may be some mis-information involved.

Gene Schneider
steve57 #117153 03/08/08 01:46 PM
steve57 Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi Chev Nut No mis info. Even talk of just jacking the car up in the garage to put miles on it to get the oval. And I thought I did ask in a nice way.If there was a problem or something they did not understand or want to know they should contact me as director or any PBTR member. Not the way I found out someone did not like what we are doing. I am not going to respond any more . Just what to hear what other members think.If they dont think 10 cars travelling together to Ga. is good for the Vcca Then we wont plan another one.
Steve

steve57 #117154 03/08/08 01:52 PM
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000

Hi Steve,

Very interesting post. Perhaps you could bring us up to speed by posting some of the specifics. From reading your post I do not find any explanation that you find objectionable.

Agrin devil

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

steve57 Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
There are some member of the touring comittee that feel the tour to Ga. is being done only to take advantage of the touring ovals. That we just what to get credit to drive to a meet. The comittee made the rules and we followed them. Now I guess the problem is that there is a meet in the middle of our tour.Your told we need to promote the VCCA and become visable they when you do your critized. Then they wonder why members leave.

steve57 #117178 03/09/08 02:36 PM
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
I applaud your group for doing this type of a tour. Like you said "The touring Committee set the rules" Just because the PBTR thinks a bit out of the perceived narrow vision of someone, they catch flak. Don't back down, my view of touring rules and the U.S. Constitution are simular. They are written to provide some rules of law and you should be able to do what is not prohibited. This concept of rules and laws are what encourages citizens to come up with new ideas and that is an important part of having freedom.
A despot thinks the other way, if it isn't in the rules you can't do it. Bah hum bug!

The same thing happened with the Non-geographic Region concept. Just beause the Chat Group didn't fall into someone's narrow perception of what a Non-gerographical Region was, the Chat Group was kept on nervous alert for an extended period of time, and some of the original officers became disgusted with the process they were forced into and decided to not serve. We have been loseing members in the club for that same reasoning. We need to expand our ideas of perception to allow these new and different ideas of what the club can be and the members can do, all within the general broad defination of our rules and regulations.

But, that is just my own personal opinion.
You are welcome to present your views if they are pro or con to my opinions, of course..... That is another concept of freedom....

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
MrMack #117180 03/09/08 03:18 PM
SA Offline
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
I don't agree with Wakey Makey very often, but he is spot on here.

Actually "DOUBLE POINTS" should be given and maybe we would see even more participation in the VCCA!!

SA #117191 03/09/08 09:28 PM
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Hey steve57,

Win or lose, keep thinking 'outside the box'......those are the kind of ideas that make the world go round. ok

......and good "POINT", or "DOUBLE POINT" SA!! We're all interested in new and innovative ways to increase VCCA participation.

ken48
VCCA 42589

ken48 #117230 03/10/08 05:51 PM
steve57 Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Its my under standing that there are 8 touring committee members that the purpose is to promote touring. 3 of these members seem to have some type of problem with this tour to Ga. If they are not promoting touring ,why are they on this committee? I would like to see there reasons for this.

Steve Jones
PBTR

steve57 #117248 03/10/08 09:18 PM
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Steve, I think if you have a problem with a VCCA committee, you should take it to the VCCA BOD for resolution.

It's interesting to see these problems here on Chat and you will certainly get various opinions from folks here, but we can't resolve the problem for you, only the VCCA BOD guys can help you there.

But keep us posted on how you do. It's always good to hear 'the rest of the story'. Good luck to you.

ken48
VCCA 42589

ken48 #117249 03/10/08 10:00 PM
steve57 Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Ken48, At this point and time this issue is done. Will have to see what the touring committee does with the rule book. Hopefully there are no hurt feeling and it opened some positive discussion on the direction the club is going.

Steve

steve57 #117267 03/10/08 11:36 PM
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
I heard this very issue discussed at the National BOD meeting and think that the Touring Chairman dealt with it in a good and positive manner.

I would be surprised if 8 out of 8 members of any committee will have the same opinions about any issue, that is just human nature.

I expect to see more of these outside of the narrow box happenings. We have much good stuff to look forward to. (IMHO)

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
MrMack #117277 03/11/08 11:37 AM
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
A couple of items learned from that tour discussion at the National Board Meeting: The 25 year rule only applies to those tours that are stipulated as such by the touring sponsor. Since the BOD voted to recognize all Chevrolets, all model years are eligible for PASSPORT touring.Example: 2008 model being used as a trouble truck.
After the meeting where rules were explained several groups were already making plans to form PASSPORT tours to and from National Meets.
I agree with Mr Mack, where you have several people on a committee it is not uncommon to have some disagreement.

DD

steve57 #117301 03/11/08 06:29 PM
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
We all know that change is difficult at times Steve. At least we can vent here on Chat and while doing so we hear different opinions about our problems.

Hopefully there are no hurt feeling and it opened some positive discussion on the direction the club is going.

The above quote is the most important part of this thread.....Steve, you have kept the lines of communications open and started the right kind of discussion for the sake of all club members now and for the future as well. Congratulations!! Perhaps your problem wasn't resolved to your satisfaction for the present......but watch out next time, right?

By the way Steve, regardless of all this BS......keep on enjoying your Chevy.... auto :grin: :grin:

Last edited by ken48; 03/11/08 06:36 PM. Reason: Have fun with your Chevy

ken48
VCCA 42589

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.