Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
styleline51 - We're trying to get documentation on it. Of course, the only thing that we could probably do would be a notarized statement from the previous owner, as I'm sure there would be nothing much else to prove it. But yeah, that's what she was told. And yes, this being a Chevy forum, I realize it, being a Chrysler, might not be of that much interest here - merely posting because I saw that you were interested in knowing the whereabouts of the car. To the best of my knowledge, it's the one. If indeed it is, it's survived and is in really good condition. If indeed it is, I'd be happy to share pictures of it with you.

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
Very cool Steve. Yes I'd love some pics. Send me PM and I'll give you my email. If you're a member, you can find me in the member services section of the website under member roster.

Too many years have gone by but maybe the previous owner has paperwork from Universal Studios. They probably don't archive this stuff but worth contacting a transportation supervisor there. Might be worth the trouble= $$$$$$$$$$$$

Rick

"Never time to do it right the first time, but always time to do it over."
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
my email's above.

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
i've reached out to the folks at Universal. But now, after watching a scene and looking at the back of the car, I'm beginning to have doubts that this is the car. Will do more research.

ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
Steve,

See CJP's post on page 2. I think he's correct that the car is actually a Dodge Bros. 28/29 as evidenced by the wheels and hub covers.
As I stated previously, it looks like the Studio plastered Bowties on the door sills to make the car look like a Chevrolet. Possibly Chevrolet was a financial backer for the movie, or the vehicle supervisor on the crew was partial to Chevys.

Rick

ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
Bob,
Sent you a PM.

Rick

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
As I look at this clip,
at 1:43, the back of the car is different from my aunt's. But in this clip, at 2:49,
, it appears to be her car. So while it might not be the one that Gregory Peck drove, it does still look like her car was used in the movie. Sorry for wasting your time!

ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
No worries Steve. It's all interesting. Possibly the Studio used more than one car anyway.

I know for sure that Sheriff Tate's car was a Chevy.

FYI for all you folks who are interested, my last internet check reveals Bob Falfa's '55 Chevy in the movie American Graffitti, was bought and still owned by two guys in Baltimore, who still show the car. There is a funny Youtube of it with the two in the car re-enacting a scene from the movie where Harrison Ford and his girl are making fun of Toad, ..." ain't he neat??..." LOL
Also, Steve Bolander's (Ron Howard) white '58 Impala is still owned by a guy in SF who bought the car from Henry Travers (transportation supervisor) for 800 bucks. He still shows it occasionally too.

Unfortunately, John Milner's yellow deuce coupe (327 Chevy mill) was sold to a collector in Japan, although many clones are around.

Last edited by styleline51; 06/02/18 12:16 PM.

Rick

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.