Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
41, The next time you post, try to do it before Happy Hour............

BTW, I use the term Classic with Webster's definition in mind, not what some car club designates it to be.

Verne

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Vern,

Out of respect for the Classic Car Club of America, I only use the term as they recognize it. That is, those cars that have been approved by them to be included in ” heir club and recognized as special as apart from the junk that some sport and think they have something special. They don't of course and throw the term classic around like it would apply to a wheelbarrow with a matag engine in it. I would hope that we in other clubs help support the destenction by reserving the term to those cars recognized by that club. Thos who are members of the CCCA and owners of the cars recognized thereby must shake their heads at all who think they have a classic. We don't. It is sad when we don't show respect for our betters. Is too! Heck fire, we can't even spell concuors much less have anything that we get on Pebble Beach even under the cover of darkness.

Ease up and go with the program. You car is not one recognized by the CCCA and never will be. It is nothing more than what it is, a well maintained regular old Chevrolet. There were thousands of them and they were mass produced.

I say, respect other clubs as we wish them to respt ours. dance

Just my two cents worth. Agrin

Best wishes,
Charlie computer

BTW: I hope this hits before happy hour.

BTW2: I realize I may be in a minorit on this here right here. Oh, well.

BTW3: Many times you can tell a true classic by the ropes around it to satisfy folks notion of how far to keep agay. Even foul breath and dirty finger prints, Ice cream too. Those cars are to be witnessed by cameras and eyeballs only. And, no dogs allowed unless anchored by something more stout than an aluminum folding chair. dance2

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Hello all,

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
OOPS, must have hit the wrong key,,,,, Let me try again..
Hello all,
I am very surprised to hear of all the negative experiences so many members have had with people and members showing such disrespect for their cars. I have toured with my 1940 from Canada to Key West and Maine to the Grand Canyon on numerous Pine Barrens Touring Region tours. In all those travels with our cars being parked in many ';public' parking lots, on street parking etc, I have never had one negative encounter. We have encountered some negative drivers, especially if they are in a hurry, and we are traveling at a more leisurely pace.

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Spectators who are not personally involved in the car hobby do not understand the concerns we, as classic car owners have. Other spectators may not give a hoot about our concerns.
Several years ago, at a small local annual car show, a younger guy in his late ”˜20’s was walking through the car display area, swinging his wad of keys on a long chain, which was attached to his belt.
I informed him car owners were concerned his keys would hit a car. He was unaware of that concern, immediately stopped his action.
It became clear to me he was a “ Newbie” to car shows, so I walked with him to various cars, pointing out highlights, which he enjoyed.
Not all spectators are knot heads, it made me happy to help him see deeper into our hobby.

1951 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door sedan / purchased from second owner 6-19-2000.
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
The worst are the folks that can't tell what color your car is without rubbing their hands all over the paint. Then tell you "my Dad had one just like this, except it was 4 door. And it was black...a Dodge I think...." Sheesh!!! Smile and wave..........

Ken O'Connor - kens94s@hotmail.com

1936 Chevrolet Standard Coupe
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
As a long time show goer, never win much just a few raffles and sometimes a small trophy .
My real reason for going is to meet people and to listen to & tell a few tails. Like OLDREK says
People in general have to touch everything and say that they or there parents have owned one just like it. My answer to them is I still have mine . I've had them open my door and set in the front
seat for a friend to take a picture ! As for kids at the shows, they show a lot more respect than
the adults .These are my observations over 60 plus years.
P.K.

p.k.

1956 BEL AIR 2 DOOR HARDTOP

I've spent most of my money on Booze,Women and mechanical things. The rest I just Wasted........

Remember , I'm not Always Right. But I'm Never Wrong !
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Right you are, p.k.!
The other guy that erks me is the 18 year old punk wearing sweats, tattoos, smoking and pushing a baby carrage. Looks over his mirrored sunglasses and says "That car would look much better if it was painted black"

WTF????

Ken O'Connor - kens94s@hotmail.com

1936 Chevrolet Standard Coupe
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Yep ! I hear ya. Always lots of comments , I just agree and they move on........

p.k.

1956 BEL AIR 2 DOOR HARDTOP

I've spent most of my money on Booze,Women and mechanical things. The rest I just Wasted........

Remember , I'm not Always Right. But I'm Never Wrong !
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Is it showing proper etiquette for one to follow judges around and point out flaws, incorrect parts, modifications, etc, ad infinitum whether it is not the following party's car?

How about following the judges around when it is one's own car and pointing out items that are positive but not always noticeable or otherwise may bring favorable attention to their car?

Just wondering. Could happen, I suppose. Maybe not. If the judging rules cover this then ignore this post.

Charlie computer

ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
It is not only improper to do either but in my opinion quite improper and rude. Let the judges do their job.

Steve D
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
I would think the judges would hunt spectators while they are judging anyway, I know I would be.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
It is the Team Captains job to manage the entire judging process for any given vehicle. The Captain is the only member to converse with the owner or intercept spectators. Of all the times I have judged I can't remember a situation where a spectator pursued interference after informed it was not proper. In the case anyone wondered I have served every judging position except Chair of the Judging Committee and tabulator.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Chipper,

Thanks to your service to the club. thanku

Owing to your Chevrolet knowledge and integerity, if I ever have a car in a class being judged, I would surely welcome you to do it or oversee the process. Would too! dance

Best,

Charlie computer

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.