VCCA Home
Posted By: MrMack fuel pump pressure and vacuum pressure - 12/09/04 08:14 AM
What should the fuel pressure for a 327 275 hp engine be while cranking with the starter at the carb connection also what amount of vacuum should it pull at cranking speed?

Please indulge an old six cylinder guy until I can get my recently ordered Detroit Iron CD version of the 1968 shop manual.
Thanks,
Posted By: Chev Nut Re: fuel pump pressure and vacuum pressure - 12/09/04 02:03 PM
Fuel pressure 5 to 6 1/2 pounds.Vacuum is listed only with engine running.
Posted By: MrMack Re: fuel pump pressure and vacuum pressure - 12/09/04 04:40 PM
Thanks, Gene
chevy chevy "an old six cylinder guy"......you?????? Ah com'on. I don't see no wheel chair here Mack M. chevy chevy Te he he.
Posted By: MrMack Re: fuel pump pressure and vacuum pressure - 12/17/04 02:56 AM
Well , not today DdeuceMan, but about the 22 of October I used one (wheekchair) for three or four days, bad, bad knee. went to a brace for 3 weeks, now I am back to exercise on a recumbant exericiser bike. It is either exercise & loose weight or have a total knee replacment, heck I an too young at 67 for that, I don't go under the knife unless "that is My final answer!"

I did get my Detroit Iron CD. I am not too proud of it. I have Windows MX home and it won't handle the regular installation (not enough memory)and have to run it under a Paperview patch.There is no provision for a word search or any frills.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum