VCCA Home
Posted By: 67GMCVANMAN Fuel gauge tank unit for "Handi-bus" - 08/22/03 06:41 PM
I don't have as much use for this old gal as I once did, but we've been together for a long time(23 years now). I put a 72 Nova 6-cyl engine in her once. Just me and those two engines stuck together in the back of that old van for about 3 days. Couldn't stand up, not much room to sit down either. AAAAAHHHHH....the making of many fond memories!!

She's been sitting for about 4 years now and I have learned first hand the meaning of "rotten gas" and "varnish". I finally managed to drill, ream, and gouge that stuff out of the gauge sender unit, only to find that the rheostat(?) on it is bad. Calling aroun to my GM dealers, I find the unit is now "obsolete", and not available. I have found hundreds of sites that claim to sell obsolete parts, but havent located the thing I need.

If anyone out there in Chevyland can advise me where I can find it I will be greatfull. :) The part number from GM is 6428090.. That's a unit for a non-24 gallon tank on a 1967 GMC Handibus. I think it's called a g10. Think it's a 1/4 ton.

Many Thanks!!
Click on the following link. They have new sending units and they will also rebuild your old unit as well:

http://www.tempman.qpg.com/
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum