VCCA Home
Posted By: Bill Barker First message - 01/01/02 01:33 AM
This is a test message to get the 1965-69 Forum started. Now... go for it!!!! :rolleyes:

[ December 31, 2001: Message edited by: Bill Barker ]
Posted By: Chevykid Re: First message - 01/01/02 01:59 AM
Yes, finally a message. I have a 66 Chevelle that is slowly being restored to original condition. Let's hear from other owners who have questions or experiences they would like to share. Thanks Bill. Looks like all of the forums are in gear. bigl

[ January 01, 2002: Message edited by: Chevykid ]
Posted By: acme Re: First message - 01/04/02 03:12 PM
Wow! A new board. Man, these boards are great.
Posted By: CHEVY Re: First message - 03/28/02 06:41 AM
HEY CHEVY KID, I HOPE YOU HAVE LUCK IN GETTING INFORMATION ON RESTORING YOUR CHEVY. DO YOU PLAN ON TAKING IT TO OUR MEET IN JULY. I HOPE THEY WILL LET YOU INTO CANADA WITH IT. THE WAY THE BORDER IS NOW, WHO KNOWS WE ALL MIGHT HAVE TROUBLE GETTING ACROSS. ANYWAY JIM IF YOU NEED HELP, THERE IS ALWAYS THE JUNKYARD DOG AND HIS FLAME ELVIRA TO HELP YOU ALONG??????? :eek: :eek: bigl :arrow: :arrow: bigl :eek: :eek:
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: First message - 03/28/02 03:43 PM
Hey Chevykid! Great, this forum is finally on the road too! And it will work for me because I also own a 1969 Impala Sport Coupe, along with my 1930-31 Chevys. The '69 has 400,000 miles on her now and she is still going strong and is on the road every day, 7 days a week. Guess what her name is?? ha ha! (Old Chevy will figure it out maybe). Good luck with the restoration of your '66 Chevelle.....that's a great car!! laugh :) :p
Posted By: Chevykid Re: First message - 03/28/02 05:28 PM
Hi guys,

Don: I don't know about going to the meet in Canada yet.
You probably have not seen the Chevelle. It is coming along. The front & rear suspension and the brakes (lines too) are done. Rear end has been rebuilt. New exhaust, driveshaft balanced and new u-joints. Now the engine is being rebuilt. Next major undertaking will be the body. I have most of the interior parts ready.

JYD: Thanks for the encouragement regarding the resoration.
If you look at my picture under my name you will see "the clunker", that's what my mom called the 54. Check out my profile and you can compare before and after pictures of the car.
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: First message - 03/28/02 08:47 PM
Jim: Yes, I had looked at your profile earlier and the "54" looks fantastic. You did a first class job on the old girl, and I'm sure that the '66 will come out just as nice! laugh :) wink :p
Posted By: DdeuceMan. Re: First message - 03/29/02 12:04 AM
chevy chevy WOW....Don R. chevy chevy
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum