VCCA Home
Posted By: m006840 Rolled my car over - 01/21/21 12:26 AM
Needing to work on the bottom and without a lift I decided that the only option was to put it on it's side. My friend came over and with his help we were able to successfully set it down on it's side on a rolling foundation and a couple of foam mattresses . Now I will be able to clean and repair some areas and then undercoat. It was factory tarred and I am not going to try to remove that but rather blend in undercoating on replaced floor panels. Hopefully it will go as smoothly when we put it upright and back on the chassis.

Attached picture DSCN0008.JPG
Attached picture DSCN0009.JPG
Attached picture DSCN0007.JPG
Posted By: Rusty 37 Master Re: Rolled my car over - 01/21/21 12:41 AM
Great improvisatIon!
Posted By: kaygee Re: Rolled my car over - 01/21/21 01:32 AM
If you were trying to give us fits with the heading for this thread you certainly succeeded. I was expecting to read about a terrible result of a test drive!!
Posted By: 35Mike Re: Rolled my car over - 01/21/21 02:14 AM
I hope you were wearing your seat belt.

Mike
Posted By: m006840 Re: Rolled my car over - 01/21/21 02:16 AM
Well I did intend for it to get attention. After watching the videos of a 51 or 52 going over on it's side and then being driven away I figured it might not cause any damage if done carefully . When I was 15 years old I was in a 52 that rolled (I was not the driver) and it did not end good as we also did a 180 and then slid into a giant boulder- and we were only traveling 35 MPH. Should add no one was hurt but the car was totaled.
Posted By: 36RAGTOP Re: Rolled my car over - 01/22/21 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by m006840
Needing to work on the bottom and without a lift I decided that the only option was to put it on it's side. My friend came over and with his help we were able to successfully set it down on it's side on a rolling foundation and a couple of foam mattresses . Now I will be able to clean and repair some areas and then undercoat. It was factory tarred and I am not going to try to remove that but rather blend in undercoating on replaced floor panels. Hopefully it will go as smoothly when we put it upright and back on the chassis.
Smart idea!!
Posted By: m006840 Re: Rolled my car over - 01/22/21 10:18 PM
Well it doesn't replace a rotisserie but certainly is a lot cheaper.
Posted By: videoranger Re: Rolled my car over - 03/30/21 07:59 PM
so what are you sleeping on now?
Posted By: m006840 Re: Rolled my car over - 03/30/21 09:59 PM
Got miles top go before i sleep! Well, actually I got a couple free on Craigs List and one was 12" thick and the other a 4" foam. Still scraping tar , patching holes , and using rust converter . Need to weld in the rear splash shields and fill the holes in the spare tire well and it will be ready for paint and undercoating.
Posted By: videoranger Re: Rolled my car over - 04/01/21 01:45 PM

Nice to see good Russian body repair techniques in US of A. Master Milo is the bomb!
Posted By: m006840 Re: Rolled my car over - 04/01/21 04:48 PM
Don't need to watch it on youtube as my friend is in fact Russian.
Posted By: Bertus Re: Rolled my car over - 06/21/21 05:40 PM
Umm....these guys are Dutch - not Russian. But still a bit crazy.
Posted By: Chistech Re: Rolled my car over - 06/25/21 05:23 PM
Ambitious Steve! I have a rotisserie and usually work by myself. It takes a lot just to get one on the rotisserie.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum