VCCA Home
Posted By: Chevrolet 1963 impala - brake pedal height - 12/10/19 12:57 AM
after having the power brake booster rebuilt and reinstalled with a new master cylinder, my brake lights aren't working...I tracked it to the brake light switch and pedal position...I cannot back the switch away enough from the pedal arm to make the brake lights come on unless the pedal is to the floor...obviously, the pedal / booster rod was set too long and moved my pedal too high (close to the switch)...does anyone know if I need to undo the hydraulic line, master cylinder, & booster to adjust this length?..after just getting the brakes operational again, I'd hate to have to go through that again...
Posted By: Rusty 37 Master Re: 1963 impala - brake pedal height - 12/10/19 05:41 PM
You have dual posts going. You typically will get more responses if you post in the more specific forums such as this one. Most of us who view Chat regularly scan the whole list or have things set so we can easily see new threads where ever they are posted
Posted By: Verne_Frantz Re: 1963 impala - brake pedal height - 12/12/19 10:10 PM
The power brake option included a metal bracket that bolted to the brake pedal arm. IT was an extension for the switch. Sorry, I don't have a photo.

Verne
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum