VCCA Home
Posted By: DSVW Side mirror recommendation - 10/22/21 02:01 AM
Hi,
I have a 1956 Bel air 4 door Sedan.

The car has no side mirrors. It is an older driver restoration but very well done. It may have had mirrors on the fenders at one time but any holes were filled in if there was.

I am looking for a recommendation for side mirrors. I see they sell the type that hang from your door frame but the last time I tried them on a 1954 I had, they were too small and really didn't work.

Does anybody have any experience with those type of mirrors? Or would it be better to drill holes and attach them to the fender. Would rather not have to drill holes if I don't have to.

Thanks.
Posted By: Chev Nut Re: Side mirror recommendation - 10/22/21 03:14 AM
The commom 1958 accessory side mirror was mounted on the door. I am sure repos are available. Mounting on the fender makes the mirrorusless.....
Posted By: DSVW Re: Side mirror recommendation - 10/22/21 03:32 AM
Thank you. I now see that most of the mirrors offered online are attached to the door by sheet metal screws.
Posted By: p.k. Re: Side mirror recommendation - 10/24/21 01:00 AM
i added these mirrors on my 56 years ago and yes I had to drill the holes, so measure twice and drill once.
I also added one to the passenger side. hood
https://store.fillingstation.com/detail/TR-152/Chevrolet_195557_CAR_OUTSIDE_MIRROR_ASSEMBLY.html
Posted By: triZero Re: Side mirror recommendation - 10/25/21 08:38 PM
They are also available in a wide angle style, really helps the passenger side to be more useful.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum